SLC hits 150, and then some.

Got anything at all to say about either radio towers or scanner frequencies, or anything related to radio in general, here's where you go.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

SLC hits 150, and then some.

Postby TheStuboy » December 12th, 2006, 1:33 am

With the power of lists compelling me, I set off for a quiet DXspot in Emigration Canyon, up by where all the rich stus live, and began this evenings DX after jotting down a page full of stations I should be able to get within my gaps.

Here are my results, again something with California.

KSTN 1420 Stockton, clear ID, with Mr. Tamborine Man Playing.

Then I got

KKZZ 1590, another clear weather ID with highway 101 traffic reports and weather. Ventura, CA

I had to go up Emmigration canyon to escape the power of the locals bleeding over and doing so netted me a gringo ID of KRND 1630, Cheyenne/Fox Farm, Wyoming. This station, like KXOL, is one of those 10/1 anomilies. It was battling and winning over KBJA 1640 in Sandy.

Finally, I tuned to 740 and listened as carefully as I could through all of the flutter and the currently unidentified gringo that is plaguing that frequency. I heard the news about a cop getting killed and they said San Francisco. I should have had this one before, but the pesky grigno wont go away.

KCBS 740 SF, CA

"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » December 12th, 2006, 11:56 am

Ell, its about time you got KCBS. I thought that Fox Farm station was Country?
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Postby TheStuboy » December 12th, 2006, 3:12 pm

It was prior to last year, right as I left Laramie it flipped calls from KKWY to KRND and changed formats. All of the other locations list it as country, but I know it is gringo.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Radio room