Stu next time you DX-----

Got anything at all to say about either radio towers or scanner frequencies, or anything related to radio in general, here's where you go.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Stu next time you DX-----

Postby TheStuboy » February 9th, 2006, 4:34 pm

When you get a bunch of stations, clump them into one day. The reason mistakes keep happening is that I rush to update things as soon as possibe before I get behind.

It is easier to update my SLC site because I don't DX every day, and when I do, I usually only have to spend a few minutes. (I'm also not KANG about my maps being 100% accurate).
However, if I was in your situation I would probably be dxing every night with all of the new finds, but then again I have absolute power over updates so hea.

Just glob them into one big organized pile and I'll add them when I get the chance. As far as the maps, be patient, AceFTP is a crappy program and takes a while to update stuff.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby TheStuboy » February 9th, 2006, 4:40 pm

Oh yeah and Dad just called and said Milo was being extremely content over the phone. If I go home next week I'll stir up a beat.

<<<I can't stand content milos, especially when they take advantage of situations<<<
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Milo head

Postby Kaing of Kaings » February 9th, 2006, 9:12 pm

Ok Stu, I won’t worry about your maps being 100% accurate. I just hope you wont take that approach to your movies where you don't put 100% effort into them. Besides Treat Williams will act in a 95% movie, but Tom Hanks will go for the 100%. A 95% movie is Super Nova. A 100% movie is Saving Private Ryan. I won’t purchase a map from you either since I know it wont be 100% accurate and wont show the locations of the Monument Valleys.

Anyway, Got another DX catch tonight on my way back from work. I got KDUS 1060, Tempe Az Sports. I realized there has been no extensive Gringo DX here and there are tons of Gringos on the AM dial. Next time Leeroy comes we will have to try for the gringos. Anyway, here it goes.

Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby TheStuboy » February 9th, 2006, 9:22 pm

Updating my website maps has nothing to do with my job. Quit making that connection because there is none. Filming is different than map making.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Stu

Postby Kaing of Kaings » February 9th, 2006, 10:16 pm

God Stu, the quality of your work, school work, website, everything is connected with the way you approach things. It does have a link to it. Its just your work ethic in everything you do. Accepting 95% shouldn't be acceptable to you if you want to suceed. Do you think Speilberg says, oh, 95% is ok with anything I do?
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby TheStuboy » February 10th, 2006, 12:28 am

Its just a website that only 3 people visit regardless stu. A film is different because thousands of people see it. God quit freaking complaining about a little dot on a map that doesn't exist because it urgently needed to. I would have gotten to it eventually, I do have school work to go first you know.

Besides stu, I hold the power to edit the maps in my hand, I call the shots. When something gets updated, it gets updated. I don't have all the time in the world to add three dots, especially this week.

Its just a website, and no its not connected to my work life, thats pretty stu.

Its like saying if I take 95% of a poop then I do 95% everywhere else. Just because I do 95% on my maps doesn't mean I do 95% elsewhere. I'm not a cartographer stu. If your so worried about the maps have Ira update them and I'll keep mine updated. Like I said, I have a lot to do during the week and updating the site gets put last in things to do.

Also, having a website requires more work then you think, especially when you have a lot of stuff coming at you and you have to update left and right. I am only one person. Had Ubstudios had a few more people to update the site regularly, things would be finished sooner. But we don't.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Radio room