10-29-05 North/South SLC late night car DX

Got anything at all to say about either radio towers or scanner frequencies, or anything related to radio in general, here's where you go.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

10-29-05 North/South SLC late night car DX

Postby TheStuboy » October 30th, 2005, 1:29 am

Got the following stations, and as you can see, I specifically went for Canada ones I'd likely get with a few unsurpsrising spanish stations coming in as well.

Here is the list of what I got:

North
CFAC
CBK
CBR
CJGX (You can hear an ID of this station on the GRDX page)
CHRB

South
XEROK - 150KW Gringo from Ciudad Juarez
XET - Got this from Laramie too.

East - Unsurprisingly
WHO
KFAB

SLC has a ton of local AMs within 15 miles of eachother so it makes it quite difficult for some of these to come in. Particularly CHRB on 1140. It is competing with KSL 1160 and KANN 1120, so it took a lot of hard listening to hear them say Southern Alberta's..... There seems to be a lot of flutter (which soudns like really choppy audio cc--rr--aa--pp--yy. Etc. This is typical for AM, but it some how is really bad here. Oh well, thats still a bigger list than I thought I'd get.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » October 31st, 2005, 11:12 pm

Ell, nice pick ups. I dont see them all on the website however. You should be able to hear all of Calgary unless locals are blocking, should also get more vancouver. CJGX is super powerful, heard from Mukilteo to Appleton. and of Course CHRB heard in Palm Springs. WHO and KFAB interesting though they are on pretty empty frequencies. then the usual Gringos
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Postby TheStuboy » October 31st, 2005, 11:54 pm

Now they should show up properly, must have forgot to upload the new SLCdx.html to the site. All is back to where it should be.

I'm 100% positive I got KFAB because it was AH. WHO Ided too, but it was extremely hard to hear. I knew about the gringos and canadian stations by looking at the GRDX and LARDX pickups to see which likely ones I could get. I have a list printed out that is out in my car of all the stations I got from those two locations. That way, if I find something, I can look and see if I got it from other dx locations.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » November 1st, 2005, 9:42 pm

There you go, website up to date. hea hea! might dx a bit later, will have to see.
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Postby TheStuboy » November 1st, 2005, 11:05 pm

Finally got KDXU this evening while waiting for a parking spot. Site and Maps will be up to date in a little bit after I get done eating.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » November 2nd, 2005, 10:04 pm

KDXU St Stu, a Stuboy radio station.
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Return to Radio room