Central Idaho DX - November 2012

Got anything at all to say about either radio towers or scanner frequencies, or anything related to radio in general, here's where you go.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Central Idaho DX - November 2012

Postby Kaing of Kaings » November 3rd, 2012, 12:14 am

Ell Today I got 1210 KUNF, Washington, UT. I heard local commercials and they were talking about the Las Vegas Thunder. Hea hea.

Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Re: Central Idaho DX - November 2012

Postby TheStuboy » November 3rd, 2012, 5:42 pm

Hea, in order to see future posts, I have to reply to this.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » November 5th, 2012, 9:01 pm

Hea, 2 new stations today. While I was up on the mountain and out of the range of the 1230 KORT bleed, I got 1220 KDOW, Palo Alto, CA, Business. It was coming in fairly clear around sunset.

Then I got a new on on 1270. I got 1270 KAJO, Grants Pass, OR, AC

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » November 9th, 2012, 1:01 am

Ell today I got 1380 KOTA, Rapid City, SD, Talk. I heard local adds along with an ID. hea hea.

I also heard some far off Asian coming in on 1150 but I'm not sure where it is coming from. Nothing on Radio Locator matches that format. Hea.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » November 22nd, 2012, 2:11 pm

First DX of the season last night. The Pacific NW was coming in very clear, heard 590 KUGN (Eugene, OR) quite clear, 670 KBOI (Boise, ID) coming in perfectly. 690 CBU Vancouver super clear, 750 KXL (Portland, OR) clear, 1000 KOMO (Seattle, WA) also coming in perfectly. None of these are new though, just very strong signal from that direction.

I had a new Mexican station on 790 but was not able to identify it, it was not XESU Mexicali, BN or XERC Mexico City, DF. Possibly XENT La Paz, BS at 25kW but no way to confirm it.
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Postby leeroy_t » November 24th, 2012, 11:24 am

3 new stations last night,

1490 KSKR Roseburg, OR Sports 1/1kW, "The Score, or K-SKR no hea score" was playing the Portland Trailblazers basketball game post game show

1490 KBLF Red Bluff, CA Nostalgia 1/1kW, "Platinum 1490" was playing Neil Diamond going hea hea hea

580 KIDO Nampa, ID News/Talk, Boise's Ghost to Ghost Station was playing Coast to Coast AM. I can hear it most nights behind KMJ Fresno where I am often listening to Coast to Coast. Coast to Coast switched Bay Area stations from 560 KSFO to 910 KKSF and I can barely hear it anymore so I either listen to KMJ (Fresno) or KFI (Los Angeles.)

130 CA stations, 20 OR, 7 ID.

A bunch of stations have changed ID and format as well.

910 KKSF Oakland, CA was formerly (KNEW) new Coast to Coast in the Bay Area that I cant hear worth crap
960 KNEW Oakland, CA was formerly (KKGN) Hippy talk station
1700 XEPE Tecate, BN was formerly (XEKTT) Business Radio, now Sports Radio
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Postby Kaing of Kaings » November 24th, 2012, 7:23 pm

Hea, good DX catches Ira. We will be in California for Christmas out in Copperopolis which is only 2 hours away from you so we should meet up and eat lunch or dinner somewhere. I think I have heard that 1490 Roseberg sports station from here but I haven't confirmed it yet. I heard weather from the local area but it also sounded like it was talking about other areas of Oregon too. I need to confirm that one. Hea. If you don't have it already, you may be able to pick up 1050 AM The Key from Dishman WA, American Standards.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » November 25th, 2012, 1:23 am

Elll, let me know when you will be around and we can probably arrange to meet up. We are going to HI in a couple weeks but will be around all thru x-mass. The Driesbachs will be in the area as well and we are supposed to meet up with them too. John, Jan, Erin and Meghan, not Ellroy. The Roseburg station IDed eventually, but it was easy to identify because it was playing Portland Trailblazers basketball. Try for it on a night there is a game and that will make it easier to confirm.

Tonight I get two more stations:

1470 KELA Centralia-Chehalis, WA News/Talk/Art Bell was playing classic Art Bell. got a clear ID at 10 pm.

610 KAVL Lancaster, CA Sports, talking about the USC-Notre Dame game behind strong hessian preaching about how many boils you can have to be officially be clean according to the bible. SF religious channel on 610 also.

leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Postby Kaing of Kaings » November 26th, 2012, 11:16 pm

Ell, This morning on my way to work, I got a clear station coming in on 1490 that turned out to be a Jefferson Public Radio Affiliate. It is 1490 KSYC, Yreka, CA, Public Radio. It was coming in pretty clear at 0800 this morning.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » November 28th, 2012, 10:22 pm

Ell, Yreka Bakery is a palindrome. What days will u be in CA?
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Next

Return to Radio room