Running out of stations I can hear

Got anything at all to say about either radio towers or scanner frequencies, or anything related to radio in general, here's where you go.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Postby TheStuboy » March 3rd, 2005, 3:59 pm

Radio disney is on a completely different frequency, there is a country station where it used to be.

KALL says sports on RL
KSOP is Country now

I think there are a few others that differ from what I had written down originally. I'll just mainly have to go through GR DX's list and see the changes.

Other than that, there are 34 stations in the frindge coverage for SLC, there probably will be more than that I hope. There are a few from ID that I should be able to get
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » March 3rd, 2005, 5:17 pm

KALL is mostly sports, it has sports shows during the day. But it has regular talk early in the morning as well as at night so I classify it as Sports/Talk. They are also the flagship station for the University of Utah football and basketball teams. El, so RD is no longer on 910 or wherever it was in Stu Lake. I believe I had that on the MT DX.

Living in the SLC valley, you should get everything from Logan to Provo unless stations overlap. A stuck in traffic dx will occur on the way home, though there really isnt much for me to search for anymore. LV is basically complete for what I know I can hear, Needles and Yuma are too low power to hear much, I could try a Mexicali-Calexico DX.
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Postby TheStuboy » March 3rd, 2005, 5:20 pm

I might do an afternoon DX this aft to see if I can get any more south SD and NE stations. I am going to concentrate on that area...back to RL I go.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » March 3rd, 2005, 5:26 pm

Ell, try the chadron station. There are tons of stations in Mexicali to DX but they are all so low power it will be difficult to get anything new.
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Postby TheStuboy » March 3rd, 2005, 6:42 pm

Results from Vedawoo (5-10 miles east of here) afternoon DX.

KCSR 610
KIMM 1150
Both have recorded IDs that should be on the site soon
and KKTY 1470, which I also recorded.
I think i also got KKLS 920 as well and there was an oldies station on 1340 playing the same thing kkty was. I will edit this message when I find out what that is.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » March 3rd, 2005, 6:53 pm

Ell, where are those stations from? Im going to car dx 1300 KROP Brawley, CA and 1430 KWST Calexico, CA both country stations, we will see what happens.
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Postby TheStuboy » March 3rd, 2005, 8:51 pm

KCSR is Chadron
KIMM is Rapid City, SD
KKTY is Douglas, WY

I didn't get KKLS on 920, still not sure what it is.
The oldies on 1340 was KWOR Worland, WY and I have it already.

I added a few other recorded IDs scattered around the entire site including one from JB I got last weekend.

El, just got a gringo on 640 where KFI should be. What is it?
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » March 4th, 2005, 11:41 am

Ell, I have no clue what the G on 640 could be, only assumption is somewhere in MX, but KFI should overpower anything from there.

There is XEJUA (pronounced XE-WA) in Ciudad Juarez but its 1kw so that is highly unlikely.

I didnt get any new stations yesterday, heard KFIG 1430 Fresno ESPN radio pretty late at night in my car but its not new. Heard nothing with the Brawley and Calexico stations I tried after work.
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Postby TheStuboy » March 4th, 2005, 12:57 pm

What I did was I checked stations on RL from other towns in other states, like, I looked for the fringe stations in Chadron and wrote down ones I would likely hear from here and I got 2. I might have to do that for UT and ID because I don't think I have any from ID.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » March 4th, 2005, 1:30 pm

El, thats cool u finally got Chadron, heard the id pretty good in the audio, dont hear KIMM so well, KKTY can hear. According to KCSR map you arent that far out of range, Im suprised you didnt have that or the douglas station previously. UT low powers travel well into WYO so you could try those, but ID stations are weak and dont travel well that direction. You will get the pocatello, twin falls and boise stations once you move to SLC.
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

PreviousNext

Return to Radio room