Central Idaho DX - December 2011

Got anything at all to say about either radio towers or scanner frequencies, or anything related to radio in general, here's where you go.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Central Idaho DX - December 2011

Postby Kaing of Kaings » December 2nd, 2011, 1:16 am

Ell, kicked off the DX month of December with 1460 KLTC, Dickinson, ND, Country. Heard the local forecast pretty clearly this morning.

Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Re: Central Idaho DX - December 2011

Postby Kaing of Kaings » December 2nd, 2011, 7:58 pm

Ell, today I was hearing a strange Mexican/Indian unce music playing on 1200 AM this morning on my way to work. I waited to the top of the hour and heard traffic for Vancouver BC information and weather. It is the mysterious station 1200 VAN2, Vancouver BC, Unknown. I found a website and it looks like it is an ethnic station that plays Indian Unce in the music. Indian unce music is weird if you have never heard it. Anyway. GAY.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » December 3rd, 2011, 11:55 am

Ell, good Dxing Wuss. I'm finding it hard to find time to DX with the new baby, I havent even been listening to the radio when I go to bed like normal. I just have to go to bed to get some sleep. Hopefully at some point in the next month I will get a session in. Hea!
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Postby Kaing of Kaings » December 3rd, 2011, 8:22 pm

I know what you mean Wira. It's hard to do stuff with a kid. Speaking of DX, I got number 299 tonight and probably heard #300 but the stupids didn't ID at the top of the hour even with a pretty good signal coming in. First off I got 750 CJVR Melfort, Country. I heard local commercials and their music.
52° 36' 45" N, 104° 30' 15" W

Next I switched it to 1190 and a country station was coming in pretty good Country station coming in, one that I haven't heard since I only have KEX on that frequency. I am pretty sure it was CFSL Weyburn, SA but they didn't ID at the top of the hour. I will wait for further confirmation.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby TheStuboy » December 4th, 2011, 7:41 pm

Hea, heads up, Radio Disney 620 (Plano, TX) is coming in really good here tonight. Its new for me. I'm 8 away from 200 stations.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » December 4th, 2011, 10:14 pm

Stu, you can probably easily get another 75 stations, need to get working on it. Look at my Canadian list from MT, I bet you can get a ton of those.
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Postby Kaing of Kaings » December 4th, 2011, 10:59 pm

Ell, I have been using your Montana DX and Washington DX to come up with stations I should get. For some reason many of the BC ones just don't seem to be coming in . Same with Alberta, SA and Manitoba although I think I got all the SK ones you did. Anyway, tonight you can add one more to the list which brings me to.......300 Station!!!!. This afternoon I confirmed what I though I heard yesterday. I got 1190 CFSL, Weyburn, SK, Country. I heard local weather for Weyburn. HEa hea hea.......

I would like to get 75 more stations. I will already beat my Flagstaff count at this rate so that will be nice. Then GR will be in my sites.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » December 6th, 2011, 12:58 am

Ell, I have a 5 day DX trend going. This morning I got 1130 KPWX, Mount Angel, OR, Regional Mexican. They did some stuff in Spanish but their main slogan is La Mexicana which is what theirs is. They also talked about Washington State which gets the signal too. It comes in fairly good, even during the day here. Hea.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » December 7th, 2011, 8:23 pm

Elll, It's nice to get a surprise station everyonce in a while. Tonight I got one. I got 740 KBRT, Avalon, CA, Religious. I was driving home and right when I turned the car on I heard the ID and some Christian related commercials. Hea hea.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » December 9th, 2011, 8:12 pm

Ell, I just got 760 KFMB, San Diego,CA N/T in my house. I was hearing two competing stations on 760, one being progressive talk from CO. I turned the radio to SW/NE and heard the ID. Ell.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Next

Return to Radio room