N. CA

Got anything at all to say about either radio towers or scanner frequencies, or anything related to radio in general, here's where you go.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

N. CA

Postby leeroy_t » December 29th, 2010, 1:19 am

Finally got a new station, officially #201 heard in N. CA, and the furthest south station that I have heard from here.

XEROK 800 AM, Ciudad Juarez, Chihuahua, Mexico. 150kW D/N

I got this one as I was looking at my gaps, very difficult to get anything on this frequency because I am so close to KGO.

Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Postby TheStuboy » December 29th, 2010, 2:59 pm

Ell! They are a monster signal out here. I updated your count now to show 201 on the ubstu page.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » December 30th, 2010, 12:56 am

#202 KBIF 900 Fresno, CA Asian 1/.5kW

I had no stations on this channel so when I heard asian language broadcast it was a no-brainer. Also need to update that the stuper religious station 1180 KERI and 1410 KERN have switched stations. KERN is now on 1180 and KERI is on 1410. very confusing

leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Postby TheStuboy » December 30th, 2010, 1:11 am

I haven't dxed that much in awhile. Its too hard when you keep hearing stations you already have. I need to make some lists and start doing it that way.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » December 30th, 2010, 8:43 pm

I hear you Stu. You get to a point where you think you couldn't possibly hear anything new but you have to come up with new ways to get those missing stations. Tonight so far I have confirmed 2 new stations, one in Wuss' neck of the woods and one in yours (kind of.)

#203 1250 KWSU Pullman, WA National Public Radio 5/5kW

I heard this station last night but did not 100% confirm so I decided to try it after I got home from work at 5:30 PM this evening and 100% confirmed it with the help of the internet broadcast.

While confirming KWSU I picked up:

#204 1250 KNEU Roosevelt, UT Country 5/.129kW

Got a clear ID on this one, country stations always seem to be easier to ID then stu talk stations. I probably could not have gotten this station at 9 pm at night when I would normally DX, but there you go. I also heard 2 Mexi stations on 1250 last night, one was definitely KEZR Santa Barbara which I all ready have but the other was likely something from MX which was impossible to ID. hea hea

Washington and Utah are now in double digits with 10 stations a piece, only two other states can boast that on my list. CA with 127 and OR with 19.

Happy DXing.
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Postby leeroy_t » December 31st, 2010, 12:56 am

Tonight I got #205

1060 CKMX Calgary, AB. Classic Country 50/50kW

This one was very directional. I heard nothing at first on 1060 and then this came in very clear and then went away. Heard many Classic Country 1060 IDs. There was 1 other station on 1060 that came in briefly but unable to confirm anything yet. Also heard something behind 1070 KNX but could not confirm that either. I will look into those further.

:shock:

leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Postby Kaing of Kaings » January 2nd, 2011, 8:55 pm

Ell,
What I would do to pick up more stations is to make a list (excel) and have it count how many stations on each frequency you have. If you have stations with just 1 or 2 then you may be able to pick up more on there. I do mine by state. Right now I am focusing on Utah but will probably move to Nevada soon. Good to see you dxing again Leeroy.

Stu, when you get a full time job in a new city somewhere, you can have a whole new DX to explore. Hea hea KAING KAING.
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » February 2nd, 2011, 12:53 am

#206 is another new Utah station.

1210 KUNF Washington (St. George), UT, ESPN Radio, 10/.250kW

Heard this at about 9:45 pacific time, had to be on 10kW at the time. 11 UT stations now. Easy to identify as ESPN radio.

leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Postby leeroy_t » February 12th, 2011, 1:00 am

2 new stations tonight, and both were coming in fairly clear, weird considering I hadnt heard either of them previously.

#207 1350 KTDD (K-Toad) San Bernardino, CA Country, 5/.6kW

Got a very clear ID on this one. I heard K-Toad easily when I lived in S. CA.

#208 1260 KWEI Weiser, ID Spanish 8.4/.360kW

My 6th Idaho station. This one was confirmed using the internet broadcast, but there was no question that this was it, it was actually pretty clear.

It may be that these stations are usually on low power when I am dxing but heard them both quite clearly between 9-10 PM pacific time tonight.

Hea Hea!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Return to Radio room