530 AM, what may be the longest reception ever!

Got anything at all to say about either radio towers or scanner frequencies, or anything related to radio in general, here's where you go.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

530 AM, what may be the longest reception ever!

Postby TheStuboy » October 21st, 2010, 10:23 am

A couple of nights ago I heard briefly what sounded like elevator music on 530 pointing E/W. It was incredibly weak and was fading in and out. I heard an instrumental version of "I can show you my shlong" from Aladdin, followed by a lady speaking Espanol and then another song.

I asked a couple of DXers on the World TV FM DX Association forum (WTFDA) of which I am a part of, and they said it was likely Radio Enciclopedia from Havana. One guy from Denver says he receives it nightly.

It was so weak on the Grundigity I have, that I had to crank it up all the way. The Sony couldn't receive it due to interference.

I will see if I can get a recording but the guys over there say I got Cuba on AM. If correct, that would be roughly a 2,011 mile catch.

Hea!

I guess it is possible seeing as how I got the station from Turks/Caicos from Laramie on 530. If you have nothing on 530, try for it and crank up the volume, its weak.

Note: I have not 100% confirmed this yet and it doesn't show in the logs.

Here is the WTFDA forums with the guys telling me it is RE from Cuba.

Elevator Music on 530??
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » October 23rd, 2010, 11:31 am

Ell,
As Stuboy already knows, I heard elevator music and a spanish lady speaking on 530 last night through my Toyota RAV4 radio at about 9:00 PM. It was coming in and out but when it was in, the music and Spanish was definitely audible even though it was faint. We should confirm this station between ourselves stu.
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby TheStuboy » October 23rd, 2010, 12:11 pm

I have recorded audio, and I believe what is an ID, but I don't have the right cords with me to record it to my computer today. One of these nights stu you should call and I will get the radio out.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Radio room