Central Idaho DX - October 2010

Got anything at all to say about either radio towers or scanner frequencies, or anything related to radio in general, here's where you go.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Central Idaho DX - October 2010

Postby Kaing of Kaings » October 13th, 2010, 6:38 pm

Ell, I finally started my DX season. We all know it officially begins at the beginning of this month so better late than never. Got a 1-2 punch today. First got 650 KMTI, Manti, UT, Country. I actually heard them yesterday and they had commercials for central Utah along with the local funerals like I used to hear from Flagstaff.

Next I got 830 KUYO, Evansville, WY, Religulous. I heard local Casper commercials including one for Hilltop Music where my parents bought me a trumpet way back when I was in grade school.

Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby TheStuboy » October 13th, 2010, 9:26 pm

You were DXing while a rock slide was happening in Green River!
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Super DX Friday

Postby Kaing of Kaings » October 15th, 2010, 7:25 pm

ELLLLL. Today was a Super DX Friday.

This morning, I heard a station on 650 with commercials for Sacramento. It was 650 KSTE, Rancho Cordova, CA, N/T.

Then I tuned to 1630 to see if I could get Fox Farm. Sure enough I heard Spanish. On the way home I still heard Spanish. About 5:00 PM I heard an ID and it's 100% 1630 KRND, Fox Farm, WY, Spanish.

Driving back to town from the forest this morning, I tuned to 1240 since I was far enough (15 miles) from town where the 1230 KORT bleed wasn't that bad. I heard 1240 KOFE, St. Maries, ID, Classic Rock (Radio Tower locator says country but it is wrong. Wikipedia is says Classic Rock and I heard them say Northern Idaho's Classic Rock)

On a side note, I think I got 1240 KLYQ from Hamilton MT. I heard the Glenn Beck asshole show competing with KOFE and the closest affiliate playing Beck at that time is in Hamilton. There is a Beck station in Pocatello too so I will try to get that one again to confirm it.

Lastly I got 1450 KLBM, La Grande, OR, Talk. I heard several local commercials and confirmed them online.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby TheStuboy » October 15th, 2010, 8:23 pm

Up to date as far as I can tell now. Hea.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » October 20th, 2010, 8:43 pm

Elll, today I got 1330 CJYM, Rosetown, SK, Classic Hits. Clearly heard commercials and news about Saskatoon.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » October 21st, 2010, 6:47 pm

Ell, if you got Cuba from Green River, That's a Major Find. One for the DX books. I doubt I can hear anything on 530. Today I got 1410 KBNP, Portland, OR, Business News, Business.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby TheStuboy » October 22nd, 2010, 1:36 pm

I had my digital recorder rolling connected to the radio last night on 530 for over 2 hours. I could hear music but very very faint. Going to submit some of the audio to the WTFDA guys to see if it really is Radio Enciclopedia. 530 should be quiet near you, you may be able to hear music on it.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » October 25th, 2010, 8:43 pm

Ell, after the high of Stuboy and I DXing Cuba at the same time (I think that might be a UBSTUdios DX feat of both of us catching the furthest station at the same time), I got 1140 KZMQ, Greybull, WY, Country today. The ID was pretty damn clear.

I keep on hearing a Country on 1330 which I'm pretty sure is Lander, KOVE but I cant get an ID without it fading out. I will continue to work on that one.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » October 26th, 2010, 9:37 pm

Ell I got another Wyoming Station today after getting Greybull yesterday. Today I got 1330 KOVE, Lander, WY, Country. It will show up on the Idaho County map just barely.

I am also hearing Nostalgia on 1410 which I think is Sheridan. Maybe history will repeat itself and I will get it tomorrow.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » October 28th, 2010, 8:24 pm

Another Wyoming station this morning. With ID and Commercials heard, 1410 KWYO, Sheridan, WY, Nostalgia has been heard.

It's the station General George Armstrong Custer's ghost listens to up at the Little Bighorn Battle Site.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Next

Return to Radio room