Toy Story 3 (Boy Story)

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Toy Story 3 (Boy Story)

Postby TheStuboy » July 2nd, 2010, 1:34 pm

I honestly don't understand why 3D is such a hyped thing these days. All I know is Hollywood wants more money and by producing an unnecessary and troublesome product to see, they get it. I foresee the 3D fad dying like it did back in the 70s. It doesn't work as well as it should, and its more of a pain in the ass then most people realize. That being said, I did not see Toy Story 3 in 3D.

Now enough of my rant on 3D's failures, lets talk about the bright sunny spot that is this film.

SPOILERS POSSIBLE AHEAD
Toy Story 3 picks up years after the 2nd film. Andy, the toy's faithful owner is going off to college and is having trouble figuring out what to do with his old toys. The gang is all there, Buzz, Woody, T-Rex, The Potato Heads, and even the guys that always go "The Claawwww."

A mix up happens when Andy is packing the toys, and the majority of them are put in a box heading for a day care. The adventures ensue, and from one location to the next, its a flatch filled ride that you wish would never stop.

END SPOILERS

Toy Story 3 brings back classic characters, something Pixar is good at. Their personalities are still in tact after all these years, and their voices are relatively the same. Buzz is a little hoarser, and I suppose Tim Allen is just getting older. The slinky dog is noticeably different, not being voiced by Ernest P Worrell any more.

The story is pretty original, and dare I say, touching at times. It reminds you of a simpler time when you hid in the corner and Poowee Stimuli-zed because it felt good. Also it reminds you that you never lose the kid in you, unless you're MJ and you never get the adult half. RIP.

The quality of the animation in this film has a touch of the original film, but the software has improved so much in recent years you can tell the level of detail is increasing. The visuals are good, the writing is funny, the characters are like-able (minus a glaring continuity error I wont mention).

It is good to see the return of Toy Story but this should be the final episode. I don't think it would be wise for Pixar to pull a George Lucas. It was funny, it was sad, it was scary, it was flatulent, it was everything that Pixar does great, and once again, Pixar can not lose.

Toy Story 3 gets 4 1/2 stars out of 5 and is easily the best film I've seen this summer so far.

Coming shortly, I plan on seeing the remake of The Miagi Kid, starring Jackie Chan.

Go see Toy Story, you won't be disappointed.

Artists rendering Woody's character looked to Robert Langdon of Davinci Code and Angels and Demons fame to get the turtle face just right.

Dreamworks' attempts to produce a film known as Play Thing Story have miserably failed.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Boy Story

Postby Kaing of Kaings » July 5th, 2010, 10:59 pm

Yesterday, my lady and I had the pleasure of seeing Toy Story 3 in 3D in Lewiston, ID. I totally agree with Stu on this one that 3D is just a fad now to get more money from suckers like me who will pay that shit in order to see something in 3D that actually isn't . If that isn't a run-on sentence then I don't know what one is. The 3D in this one isn't outstanding or noticeable in most cases so if you can, see the 2D version.

Now onto the movie. Pixar can do no wrong as far as I'm concerned, and their wrongs, (Bugs Life, Monster's Inc and Cars) aren't that bad. Toy Story 3 continues the Pixar tradition of making quality animated films with quality stories that aren't exclusively for kids. I won't cover the same ground that stu does but Toy Story 3 is a good closing to a trilogy and it deserves 4 out of 5 stars. Go and see it and feel like a poowee stimulating kid again. It actually reminded me of my old toys still in a basement in Green River. Some day...and probably soon, my child will play with those and have as much fun with them as I did.
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews