Sheridan DX - January 2023

Got anything at all to say about either radio towers or scanner frequencies, or anything related to radio in general, here's where you go.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Sheridan DX - January 2023

Postby Kaing of Kaings » January 3rd, 2023, 9:09 pm

Hea, today was a quality DX day. This morning on my way to work, I could hear some 80s music playing on 1340. In particular, Belinda Carlisle -Babon is a Place on Earth. I quickly got my phone to the stream of 1340 KGKG, Salida, CO, 80's Rock, 1K. It was a stream match for Belinda Carlisle and the 80s song I didn't recognize after it. Hea.

On my way home, I was still listening to 1340. I heard a partial ID where the DJ said "You are listening to News Talk KR... I thought he said KRXE but I am pretty sure it has to be 1340 KROC, Rochester, MN, N/T, 1K. It has to be it because it's the only N/T that starts with KR which I clearly heard that part of the ID. Hea.

"
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Re: Sheridan DX - January 2023

Postby Kaing of Kaings » January 5th, 2023, 7:21 pm

Hea, last night, The trusty Stuboy let me know that 660 KTNN was off air. I tuned in before bed to see if I could hear anything. While Calgary and Williston was dominating, I could hear something that sounded like Asian (Punjabi) music in the background. Once I moved to the bedroom, it was coming in better, and it was matching the online stream of 660, KGSV, Oildale, CA, Asian, 8/6K

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » January 9th, 2023, 10:17 pm

Ell, This morning the DX conditions were actually pretty good. Usually all the bands are shitty with a lot of interference in the mornings but this morning they were relatively clear. I tuned to 1340 and heard some oldies (wah favorites) music including The Carpenters coming in. Using the SDR north of Missoula, I confirmed I was hearing 1340, KQDE, Evergreen, MT, AC, 1/0.670K. It was coming in and out but definitely matched the SDR strongly.

Tonight I tried DXing again and 1340 was a jumble but I was able to pick out some Bob Seger which matched 1340, KTMP, Heber City, UT, Classic Hits, 1K. It's the only 1340 in Utah surprisingly. Hea, it matched the online stream.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » January 11th, 2023, 11:45 pm

Hea, tonight was a quality DX night. Continuing on my trolling of the 1340 frequency, I got 1340, KTMM, Grand Junction, CO, Sports, 1K. I actually heard the ID yesterday morning but wanted to confirm I got it again. Solid Stream match.

Next up, I tried some different frequencies and checked my green book for some other stations. I looked at the South Dakota page and realized I only needed a couple more to clear it out. I tried for 1270, KNWC, Sioux Falls, SD, Religious, 5/2.3. I could hear a woman talking about religious stuff and pulled up the online stream and sure enough, it was a match.

Next I tuned to 1510 to see if I could get 1510 KMSD, Milbank, SD, Classic Hits, 5/0.0014/1K. There was a strong station coming in in the foreground but in the background I could faintly hear Aerosmith. It was a stream match. Hea.

Finally, I looked to Nebraska since I got most of the stations on my SD list. I tuned to 690 and heard Paul Probably (sp?) doing the weather. I then heard him say the ID for 690 KOLT, Terrytown, NE, N/T, 1/0.065K. It must have been on day power. I also was able to get the stream to match online.

Overall, decent DX night with most of the stations coming from the east.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby TheStuboy » January 12th, 2023, 10:35 pm

You already had KOLT, or rather, I heard it in 2011. It had different calls.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » January 16th, 2023, 6:04 pm

Ell, on the late evening of 1/13 I was finishing watching Better Call Ball, Season 6, Episode 7 which is intense AF. That show is approaching the greatness of BB but anyway, the show finished and I notice on FB that 1520, KSIB, Creston, IA, Classic, Hits, 1K was still on daytime power according to the I Love AM Radio group. I fired up the Eton and went to the bedroom where reception seems to be better and sure enough I heard Billy Joel singing My Life. I checked the online stream and got a perfect match. Hea.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » January 21st, 2023, 4:05 pm

Ell, Yesterday morning, I finally got a station I have been trying to get for awhile. On the way to dropping the Own off at the JR High, I was tuned to 1340 when I finally heard some regional Mexican music coming through the garble. I already had my phone primed and ready so I pulled up the live stream of 1340, KSGT, Jackson, WY, Regional Mexican, 1K. It was a match although there was a significant delay. Hea.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » January 23rd, 2023, 10:12 pm

Ell tonight I DXed for awhile at home on the Eton and got 980, CKNW, New Westminister, BC, N/T 50K. It was coming in really good here and I am surprised I haven't heard it before.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » January 24th, 2023, 9:50 pm

Hea, this morning I shifted to trolling the 1240 frequency lately and this early morning around 630 I heard 1240 KRDO, Colorado Springs, CO, N/T 1K. There was a good solid online match.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » January 29th, 2023, 1:27 pm

Ell, On the evening of 1/27/2023 around dusk, I was DXing a bit and got a solid hit with hearing 690, KEII, Blackfoot, ID, Classic Hits, 1/0.042K. I got a solid match with online streaming and what I was hearing on the Eton.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Next

Return to Radio room