Sheridan DX - December 2021

Got anything at all to say about either radio towers or scanner frequencies, or anything related to radio in general, here's where you go.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Sheridan DX - December 2021

Postby Kaing of Kaings » December 2nd, 2021, 6:56 pm

Ell, Got the first DX catch of December 2021. I was trying to get the California station off 1670 but heard bleed from a nearby station. I tuned it to 1660 and it sounded like a local. They were playing that "Mother...tell your children not to beat the Mantha..." song and I confirmed online it was 1660 KBRE, Merced, CA, Rock, 10/1. It sounded like a local as did the 2 1680 Spanish stations on the other side. I barely heard something behind the Wisconsin station on 1670 like talking and it could be the California one but I need to listen more to confirm.

Later tonight, I heard Spanish on 1670 which means I heard 1670, Moreno Valley, CA, Spanish Christian, 10/9. Hea.

Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Re: Sheridan DX - December 2021

Postby Kaing of Kaings » December 3rd, 2021, 5:11 pm

Hea, got another 1670 this morning. I heard clearly local commercials and news and confirmed online 1670, KQMS, Redding, CA, N/T, 10/1. I have probably got all of the 1670s you can hear unless, GA or QC do some kind of DX test.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » December 6th, 2021, 9:10 pm

Got a new one tonight. Thanks to Stuboy Baggins suggestion, I checked 1640 for some religious talk. I heard two woman talking on the radio in the background behind Enid and the UT station. Every once in awhile It would come in a little clearer. I streamed all possible 1640s and 1650, WSJP, Sussex, WI, Religious, 10/1 was the only one where there was a woman host and she was talking to another woman. I even checked on the ETON at home and was able to confirm a brief chunk online. Hea.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » December 7th, 2021, 8:49 pm

Ell, tonight I got, 1620 KSMH, West Sacramento, CA, Religious, 10/1K, Irrelevant Radio. I am glad I don't have to listen to this one again. The woman talking on there was pissing me off talking about how happy she was Texas was using vigilante justice to stop abortions and how, somehow, the government is the one forcing women to get abortions. What part of a woman's choice does she not understand?

Just now, I was able to hear Urban music on my Etron pretty good and confirmed 1620 KYIZ, Renton, WA, Urban Contemporary, 10/1 using the SDR east of the Cascades. It's coming in fairly good there as well as the Sacramento station and Spanish which Stuboy thinks is probably Cuba.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » December 8th, 2021, 7:30 pm

Hea, this morning, I heard 1490, KNDC, Hettinger, ND, Classic Hits, 1K. It was confirmed online when they played a boymas song and they were constantly saying "Dakota News".

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » December 9th, 2021, 6:48 pm

Ell this morning, still trying to get 1490 Custer, I got 1490, CJSN, Shaunavon, SK, Country, 1K instead. Cant complain getting that from here. Hea

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » December 14th, 2021, 9:06 pm

Ell,
Today was a good DX day. Started off in the morning barely hearing but able to confirm online 1450 KVOW, Riverton,WY, N/T, 1K. I heard music in the background that matched what was playing online. Hea.

This evening, after work, I dedicated myself to some quality DX time. In the morning, I was hearing a fairly strong station on 1480 playing what sounded like Arab or Poonjob Radio. I heard it again as the sun was setting. Was checking online and on the SDRs for what it could be. Meanwhile I would listen on the radio and suddenly an oldies song came on playing "Dumb girl...get out of my life....my love for you is way out of line...." I immediately went online and confirmed I was hearing 1480, KRAE, Cheyenne, WY, Oldies, 1/0.072K. Online was playing the same song.

Finally, with the help of some online DX sleuths on the Facebooks, I confirmed the Radio Punjab station just now online through the Utah SDR and over my radio. It is 1480 KHQN, Spanish Fork, UT, Religious, 1/0.133K. It comes in way better on the Utah SDR!

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » December 15th, 2021, 9:46 am

Ell, This morning I got 1450, KVSI, Montpelier, ID, Hot AC, 1K. I clearly heard a lady reading news and when she was done, she IDed pretty clearly, Also confirmed it online.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » December 16th, 2021, 6:37 pm

Ell, This morning I heard 1240, KLTZ, Glasgow, MT, Country, 1K. I clearly heard them ID and confirmed it online as well.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » December 17th, 2021, 3:55 pm

Elll, the recent streak keeps on going. This morning it was cold, super windy and blowing snow outside. I decided leave the graveyards and go for some bigger fish. I was figuring 790 and 970 out of BIllings might be off the air or on low power due to the storm blowing through, it was also before sunrise so maybe they didn't switch on. Either way, I got two North Dakota stations I have been trying to get for awhile.

First off I got 790, KFGO, Fargo, ND, N/T, 5K. It was coming in and out but enough to where I could hear local commercials and weather. Also confirmed it online.

Next, I went over to 970 and was able to also hear local stuff and match it online. It was 970, WDAY, Fargo, ND, N/T, 10K. Surprisingly, it wasn't coming in as good as the lower power one but I did match online local commercials and weather.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Radio room