The Best (and Worst) Movies of 1980

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

The Best (and Worst) Movies of 1980

Postby Kaing of Kaings » January 20th, 2017, 11:28 pm

Ok, This is the first one of these where I will do it by year from here on. This happens to be the year I was birthed into this universe. Little did my little self know, I would love movies so much. So it's appropriate that I start these year by year lists with my birth year. It was the year the Empire Struck Back and people found out...spoiler..that Darth Vader was Luke's father. It was also the year the best Star Wars to date has come out and two classic comedies, Airplane and Caddyshack graced our scenes. It was also the year that Carl Sagan graced our TV sets and talked about one of my favorite subjects of all time, Science...This show is a masterpiece and spawned a worthy sequel in 2014 hosted by Neil DeGras Tyson. Lets count them down shall we.

* = Five Stars
Best of 1980
1. Star Wars - The Empire Strikes Back* - (Stu Wars - The Flatch farts Back)
2. Caddyshack* - (I'm alright...nobody worry about me)
3. Airplane - (Robert Stack kicks Christian Fundamentalist Ass)
4. Ordinary People - (Ordinary Peeps)
5. Breaker Morrant - (The only Boer War movie I know of)

A scene from the coming 2018 re-release of the original trilogy with Lucas' final edits where he just says fuck it. No more special effects. The audience needs to see everything including the crew.

Best TV/Documentary
1. Cosmos
2. A Day after Trinity - (How can I save my little Own from Oppenheimer's deadly toy)

Worst of 1980
1. Superman II - (Pooperman II)
2. The Shining - (The Shinging)
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews