Stuboy's Best (and worst) of 2016... so far (updated)

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Stuboy's Best (and worst) of 2016... so far (updated)

Postby TheStuboy » November 4th, 2016, 10:45 pm

So since stu is doing top 10 lists, I figure I'd get into this while I wait for the glue on my latest evil geocache to dry. So with being busy and moving 3/4 of the way through the year, we haven't really had a lot of time to get to movies, and our renting hasn't been that great either. Redbox has been disappointing so far this year, that or we're again too busy to watch much. Here they are, the top 8 best of 2016 in order (so far). There weren't 10 films that really stood out to me this year yet. If I see more movies this will change.

1) - Deadpool - (Hashtag Flatch)
1) (Tie) - Deepwater Horizon (Old Man Russell Horizon)
2) Arrival - (Amy Adams Naked Arrival)
3) - Finding Dory - (Finding Private Ryan)
4) - Independence Day Resurgence - (Crape 3 - Return of the Giant Pizza Baking Sheets)
5) - Pete's Dragon (Hea's Heagon)
6) - Bad Moms (Bad Wahs)
7) - Hacksaw Ridge (Chevball Ridge)

Honorable mentions: Zootopia and Secret Life of Pets. Both entertaining.

A couple of good looking movies are coming out before xmas so hopefully I can add to this list. Mel Gibson returns to the screen for We Were Soldiers Twice, so we'll see what that one is like.

Worst of 2016 (so far)

1) Sausage Party - Overhyped stupidity
2) Keeping Up With The Joneses - First half was okay, second half bombed, film not very funny at all.
3) The Conjuring 2 - The Elvis scene in the film makes no fucking sense and doesn't belong in a scary movie. Plus it was based on a fake story anyway. I still jumped in spots but most of the film was stu cheap scares.
3) (tie) Nerve (Get Off My Lawn You Dumb Teens)
4) Now You See Me 2 - I've never seen the first one but this film was stu
5) Hail Ceaser! - The Coen Brothers flop again... boring and fell off the rails.
6) Dirty Grandpa - Jackass Presents More of the Same

Top TV of 2016

1) The Walking Dead (latter half of season 6 and beginning of season 7) - this show keeps getting better and better but now belongs to Negan. Jeffrey Dean Morgan wants to play with your balls before bashing your head in with a baseball bat. He's one of my new favorite actors.
2) House of Cards (Season 4) - ratchets up the tension. What possibly can FU -fu..up next??
3) The X-Files (Season 10) - Only 6 episodes, but the one with Murray from Flight of the Conchords was hilarious. I got into the rest of the show and started watching the old seasons on Netflix and they look beautiful in high definition.
4) Quantum Leap - I know this is an old show but I finished watching the series this year, and even though it doesn't hold up well, it's still pretty entertaining. Netflix and Hulu both have the show, but one or both are missing certain episodes.

So there you have it. I know I'm missing something and will probably see more movies this year.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Re: Stuboy's Best (and worst) of 2016... so far.

Postby Kaing of Kaings » November 11th, 2016, 2:01 pm

Hea,
Glad to see you coming back with list making again! You should go back in time like I am for each year and come up with your lists for those. In the dark times to come, a little nostalgia might be good for the cockles.
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Re: Stuboy's Best (and worst) of 2016... so far.

Postby Kaing of Kaings » November 13th, 2016, 2:14 pm

Hea,
I would have to say as of now here is my list up to now. Strong year for kids movies.

1. Deepwater Horizon
1. (Tie) Zootopia
1.(Tie) Kubo and the Two Strings
2. Finding Dory
2.(tie) La La Land
3. The Jungle Book
3. Hidden Figures
3. Manchester by the Sea
4. Pete's Dragon
4. Patriots Day
5. Deadpool
5.(Tie) Ten Cloverfield Lane
6. Eddie the Eagle
7. Captain America -Civil Ballwars
8. The Nice Guys
9. Green Room
10. Don't breath
11. The Finest Hours
12. Hacksaw Ridge
13. All The Way

Docs:

1. Wiener - (The shlong that destroyed western civilization)
2. Lo and Behold

T.V.
1. Game of Thrones
1. (Tie) Shameless
2. House of Cards
2. Sneaky Pete
2. Stranger Things
3. White Rabbit Project
3. The 80s
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber