Florida Mini DX

Got anything at all to say about either radio towers or scanner frequencies, or anything related to radio in general, here's where you go.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Florida Mini DX

Postby leeroy_t » January 23rd, 2010, 8:57 pm

I only dxed for about 30 minutes 1 night, here are the results:

530 Radio Vision Cristiana International South Caicos, Turks and Caicos. Spanish Religious, 50/50kW (No US stations broadcast on 530 and only 3 Canadian stations on that frequency)

610 WIOD Miami, FL. News/Talk 5/5kW

670 WWFE Miami, FL. Spanish 50/1kW

1180 Radio Marti, Marathon, FL 50/50kW (US propaganda broadcasts to Cuba) This stations tower was located about 8 miles from where we were staying.)

1210 WPHT Philadelphia, PA Talk 50/50 (not much was coming in but for some reason I got this clearly)

1300 WFFG Marathon, FL News/Talk 2.5kW (This is the local AM station where we were staying.) I saw the towers for this and Radio Marti, but I dont know which was which. The map below should give you a better idea of where I was, we were about 8 miles northeast of the location of this station.

Ell, and I went reef fishing and caught 21 fish, 20 white grunts and a yellowtail snapper. Other ppl on the boat caught black groupers, mangrove snappers, mackerel, and surgeon fish among others I cant remember, and even one dude caught a Morey Eel. Saw some flying fish as well. It was pretty cool.
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Ell

Postby Kaing of Kaings » January 24th, 2010, 7:20 pm

Ell, what did you go down there for? It's nice to see you DXing again. Grangeville is still prime DXing grounds. I'm just taking my time.
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » January 24th, 2010, 11:45 pm

We wanted to go somewhere warm on vacation but not leave the country and Hawaii is a bit pricey. My aunt lives down there and Gomps came down from Nashville to see us too. We went golfing with one of my dads cousins and I went fishing with my aunt down in the Keys. Gomps will be moving back to LA once Shannon gets back from her gig in Vietnam. We got a great deal on a direct flight from SFO-Ft Lauderdale $215 a person and a great deal on this resort in the Keys, $99 a night on a typically $300 a night room. Wasn't too many ppl down there and was nice and warm in the upper 70s. My Wa said your Wa and Dad might be going to Stu Lake this year?
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Return to Radio room