Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Postby Kaing of Kaings » December 20th, 2009, 4:56 pm

Yesterday, My woman and I saw our first film in Idaho ever. We went to Lewiston, ID yesterday right on the border of Wah's favorite state Washington and did some shopping and met up with some friends from work for lunch. In the afternoon, we went to the theater to see James Cameron's first movie in 11 years since Titanic.

(Minor Spoilers)
Avatar is James Cameron's mind in full throttle. He is the master of his universe and as a result, he created one onscreen in the moon of Pandora. Pandora is a beautiful place where the Na'vi and a variety of other animals live. The Na 'vi are the blue cat people who are 10 feet tall and have 11 foot long shlongs. They also walk around half naked so you can see their butts and boobs. Anyway back to the story which you can pretty much figure out based on the previews. Jake Sully, played by Sam Worthington who is the next action star to watch, is sent to Pandora to control an Avatar which are basically the Na'vi only controlled by Humans. Soon, we find Jake Sully in conflict between his mission and the Na'vi.

Let's just say James Cameron has created the latest standard in Motion Capture. This film makes the Mo-Cap movies that Zemekis has been doing look like cartoons. That's not to put down Zemekis, he is still a good director. But Cameron with his obsessive compulsiveness has nailed making another world. Now onto the story which is the weakest link. I liked the movie and the characters but as of now, I couldn't really feel strong emotion for any of them the way I did in Titanic. I do kind of wish he would have polished up the story a little bit and made the characters more 3D (in depth not picture) but his effort still payed off.

I give this film 4 out of 5 stars for now, and I want to go and see it in the theater again to get my mind straight. For all you Cameron fans out there, look for some subtle and not so subtle references to other Cameron movies. Most notably, Aliens, True Lies and Titanic. I hope Cameron keeps on making films because he is good at it. I just hope he spends some more time on story next time. He nailed the visual effects, he just got me a little lost on story. That's why I have to see it again. It didn't help that I was tired going in to the movie as well. See it in 3D or be gay!

Cameron: "Well thanks Mr. shitty Fox News reporter...I think your shlong is long too...What's that? Oh my world. Well I was already King of this World*, so I had to create a new world, Pandora, from scratch so I could be Kang of that world....whats that Slant Head is on in 5...oh what a turd blossom that guy is."

Note* I think it's kind of stupid that people made such a big deal about Cameron quoting Titanic saying he was the "King of the World" at the Oscars in 1998. I don't think he was taking himself seriously, and he had just kicked ass. Why not quote your own movie.

Cameron: "So, If I put my head in hear and close the lid, I can DX Milo FM from anywhere in Space...Yea it has that kind of range."
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby TheStuboy » December 20th, 2009, 10:10 pm

My review for this film will be in video form... standby.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby TheStuboy » January 2nd, 2010, 11:16 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcDPR9-paOI

"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » February 1st, 2010, 12:40 am

Just got back from seeing Avatar for a second time in the theater in Grangeville. I must say, it is just as good, if not better the second time. I am starting to like all the nature and spiritual stuff that pisses off the Vatican and Republicans even more. Bring it James Cameron. 4.3 stars out of 5. It's now in second place and almost a tie with Up in the Air. Inglorious Basterds is still the best of 2009. Look for a full list of bests and worsts of 2009 coming soon.
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews