Holiday DX Season Begins

Got anything at all to say about either radio towers or scanner frequencies, or anything related to radio in general, here's where you go.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Postby leeroy_t » December 8th, 2009, 12:46 am

1 new station and 2 updates tonight.

610 KRTA Medford, OR Spanish (Regional Mexican) 2.5/5kW playing annoying ranchera music. Only North/South directional Spanish station anywhere close to me on this frequency.

Update 1: KPTT AM 630 Reno is now KPLY, same sports format.
Update 2: KMPH AM 840 Modesto is now Super crazy Republican Asshole format, formerly Oldies. Its stations like this that lead me to believe radio wont exist in the current form 20 years from now. If the only people who listen to the radio now are old fucked in the head republicans, there will be no one to listen when all these people drop dead from massive coronaries they get from eating at Applebees weekly and stressing out whether or not we pay for illegal immigrants health care if they go to the emergency room or if we pay for them to have insurance.
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Postby leeroy_t » December 12th, 2009, 11:45 am

Last night I was trying to ID a station playing kind of oldies/country type music with some Christmas music but could never hear them say more then AM 1140 for an ID. Im thinking it was KGEM, Boise, ID but couldnt confirm it. Can either of you stus confirm for me that this is what KGEM 1140 plays?

Ell!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Postby leeroy_t » December 18th, 2009, 11:25 am

Major pick up last night for N. CA.

I got my 2nd furthest East station, 1st Iowa station, and 1st station other then a HAR that starts with a W.

1040 WHO Des Moines, IA News/Talk 50/50Kw

I was gap dxing around 10 pm last night and suprising had not heard anything on 1040 previously. WHO was actually coming in pretty well and ID several times at the top of the hour. I was like elllllll!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Postby TheStuboy » December 18th, 2009, 2:14 pm

Ell! That's somewhere around 1500 miles. I thought I had a Toronto station that's about that far the other night, I guess it is possible. I just didn't hear an ID, but the program matched online.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » December 18th, 2009, 6:57 pm

If there is nothing blocking it, you might have heard as far as Toronto.
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Postby leeroy_t » December 28th, 2009, 12:28 am

continued DXing 1140 tonight and got:

KYDZ, North Las Vegas, NV Radio Disney 10/2.5

Dont think this is what I had been hearing a few weeks ago but it was definitely Radio Disney tonight and not some kind of country music or Christmas music.

leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Previous

Return to Radio room