Northern Arizona DX - November 2009

Got anything at all to say about either radio towers or scanner frequencies, or anything related to radio in general, here's where you go.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Northern Arizona DX - November 2009

Postby Kaing of Kaings » November 5th, 2009, 7:56 pm

On the waning days of the 2009 Flagstaff DX, I just picked up 1430 KEZW, Aurora, CO, Nostalgia. I was driving up on A1 Mountain road to take a panorama of the peaks and decided to DX along the way. It was clearly coming in around 4:30 PM as the sun was starting to get low in the sky. This may be the last station before Flagstaff DX converts to Grangeville DX but we will see.

Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » November 5th, 2009, 11:16 pm

Good luck with the Grangeville DX, should get all the Vancouver and Calgary stations up there. Having a new dx location is like screwing a hot Asian chic every night for a month. Elll!
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Postby TheStuboy » November 6th, 2009, 2:22 pm

I can't hear KEZW from here due to K(MI)LO on the same frequency.

You probably heard it on day power (10KW) like I heard the four newest SLC stations on. If it is pre-6 PM where the tower is you're likely hearing day power.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

HEa

Postby Kaing of Kaings » November 6th, 2009, 3:58 pm

Yea, Im pretty sure it was day power. It was 4:30 and coming in clear. That must be the latest magical dx time. And yes, Grangeville DX will be like screwing a hot asian chick every night except there wont be any asian chicks or screwing involved. Since it is a smaller town with not much to do outside of outdoor activities, I may have to do some more DXing. Lets hope Grangeville can top Flagstaff's 301.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby TheStuboy » November 6th, 2009, 9:59 pm

Given Grangeville's location and quiet local dial, you could easily top 300. I doubt it would happen quick though. It took me 4 years to get to 332 stations. You know that though... hea. :roll:
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » November 6th, 2009, 10:32 pm

Dont expect to surpass 300 in Grangeville, that part of the Pacfic NW is pretty sparsely populated and Canada has no where near the number of stations that Mexico has. If you do hear a Mexi station it is most likely coming from somewhere in the US. You wont be able to get more then 5 or 6 stations from MX up there. You may hear a station or two in French and those should be easy to identify. Expect to get lots of stations from WA, OR and feel free to use my lists as guides because I have DXed the entire NW pretty thoroughly. If you can get a station further north then my MT or WA DXes I will send you a token for a free beer at a mystery GR bar.
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Elll

Postby Kaing of Kaings » November 9th, 2009, 1:43 pm

Ell I bet I know what bar your talking about...The Mast. You don't even need a dollar to get a strip tease there. Hea hea hea. Yea, i will definitely use your Montana and Washington DX pages to find out what I can get. I am starting to look forward to moving up there and starting a new life. Glad I am working for the Forest Service too. Have you DXed lately Leeroy?

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby TheStuboy » November 9th, 2009, 2:46 pm

You can DX from out in the middle of a forest road on a dark scary night.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » November 9th, 2009, 4:44 pm

I can also dance with the devil in the pale moon light...I just like the sound of it...shing ueeaaaahahhahha

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » November 11th, 2009, 12:45 am

I was talking about the Green Gander. I got that token for a free beer for pretending to be the Governors illegitimate son. I still have the token somewhere. My records show CKYL Peace River, AB (56° 10' 40" N) is the furthest north station I ever heard. CJDC Dawson Creek, BC (55° 46' 30" N) is second.

Its been quite a while since I really dxed. I still like to listen to the beginning of Coast to Coast every night before I go to bed, even though its usually talk on how the economy is collapsing, occasionally I will turn on the Navajo Station to scare Carolyn while she is trying to sleep. Usually around the holidays I break out the DX logs and see if anything new has popped up. Its kind of a tradition.
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Next

Return to Radio room