The Goods - Teh Sux

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

The Goods - Teh Sux

Postby TheStuboy » August 13th, 2009, 2:51 pm

For those of you who have seen The Hangover, and liked it, you may like this movie, you may not.

The Goods stars Jeremy Piven and a bunch of others who you'll recognize, but can't put a name to.

Also, at least two people in The Hangover are in this movie. One is the main bad guy. He was "Stu" in The Hangover.

(Spoilers)
The Goods is about a struggling car dealership with no choice but to call in the experts. Enter Jeremy Piven and his crew. They have to sell a bunch of cars before the bad guy takes their lot for some stu reason like performing there.
End Spoilers

This movie, the more I think about it, was really disjointed. There were plot holes every which way, and the comedy was very hit and miss.

I heard from a number of people who viewed the pre-screening that I went to say that the first half hour was the funniest, but the film drug on after that. That is very much true.

I don't know what is going on, but apparently Hollywood thinks that we're getting dumber, and thus they are producing crap like this to keep us entertained. The sad part of it is, I think its true. My generation isn't exactly bright.

Granted, there are movies that are smarter, but this one is nowhere near that.

As far as being funny. Like I said, hit and miss. The best part was the Pearl Harbor reference, when the guy went crazy on the korean guy. Thats about it.

If you're in the mood for cookie cutter comedy and plot holes galore, you should see "The Goods".

2.5 stars out of 5

Buying a car from this guy might get you some, but really, you're getting ripped off either way.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews