Valkyrie - (Valsuckie)

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Valkyrie - (Valsuckie)

Postby Kaing of Kaings » January 4th, 2009, 6:57 pm

Ell, just got back from seeing Tom Cruise take on Adolf Hitler...Fuck Hitler, Aye say can you see...aye say can you see. Gretta Garble, Nice Camps...oops I digress.

For those of you who don't know by now or are completely oblivious to history, Hitler killed himself at the end of WWII when Berlin was surrounded by the Allies. That was in 1945. This movie takes place in 1943-1944 and is about the failed attempt on Hitler's life by Colonel Claus von Stauffenberg played by Tom Cruise. Stauffenberg assembles a team of like minded higher generals to do the unthinkable, kill Hitler before all Europe is in flames. They then planning replacing the Nazi government with one that will negotiate with the Allies and end the war before Germany is destroyed. Too bad they failed. I saw a special on the History Channel on this once and had several things gone to the original plan, many think Hitler would have been killed in the on July 20, 1944 instead of April 30, 1945. The war might have ended sooner and more people would have survived.

The movie, from what I understand, covers the event pretty well and follows Stauffenberg's attempt from the beginning to the end. The acting in the film is done well and they should all give themselves a pat on the back for that. Other than that, the story is kind of slow at first but picks up speed and interest as the moment of truth comes closer. This isn't a perfect movie and may or may not make my top 15 of 2008 list but it surely wont make the worst list. If you are a history buff, like me, and enjoy the thought of seeing Cruise as a German officer, this movie is fo you. 3.75 stars out of 5. Hea.

Cruise in Shitty Russian Accent: "All right, the crack team is assembled. We must decide who will make radio call. Bill Nighy, You make the Radio Call....Make it Now...."

This picture comes up under Google images when you type in Valkyrie and for some reason, I felt compelled to put this up here instead of another Tom Cruise picture.
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby TheStuboy » January 8th, 2009, 11:10 pm

Valkyrie was okay. Having not known the full story of this event, I can say I am now thoroughly informed on the subject. Now whether the info in this film is exactly as it happened is beyond me.

Valkyrie kept me on my toes most of the time. General Oldmack should have been beaten like a mantha for waiting so long to make the radio call. He didn't do it now.

Tom Cruise is already getting a lot of shitty reviews for his performance, but I looked beyond that stuff and watched the movie.

Valkyrie is not a perfect movie, and the accents bothered me. If you can look beyond all of that, you might just have a decent movie on your hands.

I give it 3.5 stars out of 5.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews