Milk - (It's not Milk!)

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Milk - (It's not Milk!)

Postby Kaing of Kaings » January 4th, 2009, 1:01 pm

Before the dawn of the new year (that's 2009 for those of you who have been living in a cave and missed the most roller coaster of a year or for those of you who are just plain stu), my woman and I were in the bay area (San Francisco Bay Area, CA) and we decided to see a film. What better film to see than Milk, a film by Gus Van Sant about the life of Harvey Milk, the first openly gay man elected to public office in the United States. And he was elected in the same city where we saw the movie, San Fransisco.

Lets just get this out of the closet to begin with, Sean Penn just doesn't act like Harvey Milk, he becomes him, gayness and all. The supporting cast is exceptional too with James Franco playing Scott Smith, Milk's first boy friend, Emilie Hirsch who plays Cleve Jones, a gay activist and the always good Josh Brolin as the conflicted man who was also elected as a City Supervisor. The cast is just great. The story is good too and it will keep you interested up to the very end.

There is a message in this movie too which is more important now than ever. Yes, gay people are PEOPLE and deserve the same rights as us straight people enjoy. For those of you who wish to take away certain rights because of your religious or bigoted reasons, you have the right to believe what you believe and do what you do. Don't take that away from others because of something you most likely don't understand. If we take the rights away from one group, what's to stop us from taking them away from another.

Anyway, this is one of the better movies of 2008 and will probably make it to the top 15 list once I view all these movies considered for awards. I give this movie 4.5 stars out of 5. This movie deserves some Oscars and if it doesn't get any....URGAY!

Hea...Cheers to Milk....Hea hea hea....kang kang kang...
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews