Politics makes me want to beat a Buki!

Want to talk about current happenings anywhere and bring us important news? This topic is the place for you.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Politics makes me want to beat a Buki!

Postby TheStuboy » September 10th, 2008, 4:31 pm

I can't believe how pissed off I am that the Republican party can get away with such crap!

Did any of you see the RNC?
I saw Gulliani's speech and then part of Palin's. I wasn't paying attention to their looks but what I heard was the same same same same same.

The stupidest thing I ever heard was when Rudy said "Palin has more experience then the democratic ticket combined."

You've got to be freaking kidding me?
More experience then what? Being a woman? Yes, that's true, maybe that's what he meant.

Still, I like how vague everything is with the Republicans. They can never get specific enough, and when they speak, all they can do is refer to their family.

I remember an interview with McCain where someone on the talk shows asked him a question and all he could do was allude to either his father, or his POW experience. He didn't even answer the question.

The thing I hate is, nobody called him on it. The media in this country (90% of it) has their heads so far up their asses, they are letting Fox News run the country. God knows what happens when we do that.

The people in this state (Utah) are also retarded too. Our media here (KSL is the worst) slams Obama for things that he didn't even do, and stories that show him in a good light are ALWAYS down played.

When the RNC was on, KSL had "Exclusive coverage" and I don't recall seeing anything on any other networks.

During the DNC, it (KSL) only aired segments while I believe Fox 13 carried the whole speeches.

KSL shows its true political side, seeing as how it's own by the LDS church and all, and we all know how they tell their members to vote.

Everyone but a handful of the population in this state has been brainwashed by the republican crap party. The media sure doesn't help.

Look at this:

KNRS 570 - Strongly Conservative (yet they have c2c)
KTKK 630 - Strongly Conservative (and they sound like shit)
KSL 1160 - Need I say more... don't forget about 102.7 KSL-FM
KLO 1430 - Extremely Conservative. This station is what I like to call Headupbutt station.

Oh I can go on forever...
KHQN 1480 - Down in Spanish Fork, near Provo - the armpit of Utah.
KVNU 610 - Strongly Conservative for northern Utah.
KSUB
KDXU
KOAL
virtually any talk station in this state is 100 % conservative.

We aren't as smart as Colorado, Arizona, or Nevada. Each of those states has at least 1 progressive station, albeit significantly lower power than the conservative stations.

I was talking with stu on this but imagine what would happen if there was a progressive talk station in Salt Lake. People would go nuts, and I'm kind of thinking the ratings would skyrocket since it offers dare I say an "alternative."

Thats what the station could advertise itself as... An Alternative station for the future, KSLP (Salt Lake Progressive) 1010 progressive talk.

Unfortunately there is a station on 1010 already that nobody listens to, KCPW. Its NPR and is for sale.

Okay, I feel better now.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » September 17th, 2008, 10:47 pm

Ell, dont get too pissed about it Stu because there isn't a whole lot you can do about it. You just need to realize most people in this country are sheep and if you scare them enough or if their preachers get behind something, those people are too stu to think for themselves and just go along with whatever they are told. Republicans will lie about anything to get their ppl to vote for them, they are a bunch of hypocrites. But it isn't worth your trouble to worry about. GWB and his cronies can f-up this country really bad but unless your ass gets drafted and sent to Iraq there is really no reason to be pissed because you can be as successful as you make yourself despite how stu the country as a whole might be at any given time.

Ell, I heard you got a job at a radio station, which one?

Here we have a progressive radio station but we also have 2-3 religious stations and super hess republican radio which just happens to be the same station AH is on.
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Postby TheStuboy » September 17th, 2008, 11:10 pm

I work mainly for the FM side of things but the company I work for (Citadel) also owns KFNZ 1320, KKAT 860 and KJQS 1230.

The specific stations I work for are
KENZ 101.9 which is like an alternative/adult album rock station and
KBER 101.1 which is hard rock.

I also probably will end up doing stuff for 94.9 KHTB which is at the moment another hard rock station in the same building hea.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » September 20th, 2008, 11:18 am

what do you do there? Ell, wasnt KKAT your old radio station? Or was that kitkat radio? The 1230 and 1320 AM stations are on frequencies with hundreds of other low power shitty stations so I bet the range isn't too far from SLC. KKAT probably travels further since that channel is less used though we have a station in SF on 860 so no way I could hear any of those stations.
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Postby TheStuboy » September 21st, 2008, 2:50 am

I'm what is called a "Remote Technician" which means I go to events the stations are having like concerts, movie premieres, businesses with "remotes" and such. I also will be board op-ing which means I will operate the mixers and such for a few stations.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Current Events