Wall-E (Ball-E-Wars)

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Wall-E (Ball-E-Wars)

Postby TheStuboy » June 29th, 2008, 8:46 pm

Friday night (opening night), my woman and I went to check out Pixar's latest effort in computer animation.

SPOILERS
Wall-e is the story of a lonely robot left to clean up Earth after humans have abandoned it for space. His daily job is to recharge his solar cells, go to a pile of trash, compact it, and then pile it upon another pile of trash.

That is until one day when a space ship comes down carrying another robot named Eva. This robot's job is to look for any remaining life on the planet and was sent by the humans to look for any signs of it.

Eva meets Wall-E and Wall-E falls in love instantly. The two become good friends until Eva discovers a plant and shuts herself off sending out a beacon notifying the ship to come get her.

The ship returns to get her but Wall-E won't go with out her so he hops aboard and searches for his presumed girlfriend.

We are taken to a space ship where the entire human race lives, and humans as we know them have gotten fatter and lazier than ever.
Wall-E finds Eva, but is intercepted by rouge robots, and fights for both his and her survival.
In the end, the humans come to find that Wall-e has a good message with him, that humans can do more than they know. At least in that day and age.

----END spoilers---

This has to be one of the best computer animated movies I have seen in all time. I have to give Pixar credit since they do produce good movies. These guys made Cars, Finding Nemo, Toy Story, among others. Most of them were good. This latest offering tops the list and will probably end up being the studio's best to date. The difference between this movie and all the other films is the story. This one has everything a movie goer wants...Romance, thrills, sadness, and a damn good message about where we as a race are heading if we're not too careful.

Message spoiler
===If you haven't figured it out after watching this film, it has a message that gets by but doesn't hamper the story at all. The message being is that we are getting lazier and depending more and more on technology to do things we used to do manually, like exercise. If we aren't careful, we'll end up like the humans in this film. The George W reference is obvious, as is the global warming mess. I liked how Fred Willard was the president.

Anyway, Wall-E gets 4.5 stars out of 5, and is easily one of the best films I have seen this year.

I also liked Kung Fu Panda. Both that film and this one show me that CGI has potential, but I still won't over do it like Lucas wants to. That guy is kang.

Wall-E sampling some flatch bubbles orbiting Uranus while searching for EEEeeevaaa.

Wall-E sitting on a pile of trash the Republicans created after they dismissed global warming was happening. John McCain is GWB3.0
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Ball-E

Postby Kaing of Kaings » July 21st, 2008, 8:36 pm

It's been a while since I have seen this. Actually three weeks ago on the day that the two helicopters crashed in Flagstaff killing all 7 aboard (the seventh just died recently). On that somber note, we needed some cheering up and hopefully a little robot left on earth to clean up our mess could do it.

I won't go into the story much since Stuboy already has, but what I liked the most about this film was the message. We can't keep on living lives like we do where we produce a lot of waist and demand everything without working for it or the earth (and us) will pay the price. Like the humans in the film, if we do ruin the world and have to live in a space, if we don't use our muscles and our brains, we will lose them. I often wonder if Karl Roves ultimate goal is what happens in this movie, Americans dumb, lazy and ignorant, the planet ruined and George Bush's head preserved in Ice and running a space ship called the SS-Dumbass.

Actually, a guy at my work thought this movie was political but I wasn't sure why at first. If the planet is fucked, doesn't that affect all of us, republican or democrat? Don't both republican's and democrats contribute to the pollution and garbage on the planet, although it seems one party is trying to do something about it and it isn't republicans. The notion that the earth will always be providing and a safe place for us to live is not only false but misleading. This movie tries to point that out. We are living in a time where we can do something about global warming and other pollution problems but our government with Bush at the helm is not doing anything. So I guess in that sense, the movie does have some political message. If we "Stay the course" like the blubbery captain says, humans can just keep on living their lives like nothing is going wrong until it's too late. If we can change things now before it's too late, generations from now, some Stuboy will make a monument in Lassen Volcanos National Park in California and not be afraid a Sasquatch is going to attack. But I digress.

This movie has excellent animation and a good story although it's not my favorite Pixar flick. I still think, Toy Story, Finding Nemo and The Incredibles are their best but this one is still up there. Like most Pixar films, you just can't go wrong. I give this 4 stars out of 5. Keep up the good work Wall-E and hopefully kids will get the message and run with it.

All technology of the future will be powered by Mac computers and flatulence. Eva here is a prime example.
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews