Northern Arizona - February 2008 DX

Got anything at all to say about either radio towers or scanner frequencies, or anything related to radio in general, here's where you go.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Northern Arizona - February 2008 DX

Postby Kaing of Kaings » February 8th, 2008, 6:33 pm

Ell, The first DX station of February has come in today. This morning, I clearly heard and ID from none other than 980 KVLV, Fallon, NV, Country. They were coming in pretty good and I know I have heard this before from here but today it was confirmed. Hea.

Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » February 11th, 2008, 6:31 pm

Elll, I thought I heard that station but never 100% confirmed it.

I will be in Cabo San Lucas the week of Feb 17th so I will do a US-MEX dx while there.

Didnt get the job in S.F., didnt even get an interview, must have all ready known who they wanted to hire. stu govt.
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Ell

Postby Kaing of Kaings » February 13th, 2008, 9:18 pm

Ell, That sucks you didn't get considered for the SF job. SF would be a neat place to live and DX. Speaking of DX, Today, I filled in the final gap on my DX list. I made a DX log over the weekend and it really helped. This evening, I picked up loud and clear, 1050, KCAA, Loma Linda, CA New/Talk. It didn't come in long before some powerful gringos took over but never the less I got it. Thank you DX gods for this pre-valentines chocolate DX gift. Hea.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

St. DX Valentino

Postby Kaing of Kaings » February 14th, 2008, 9:19 pm

Ell, The DX god of St. DX Valentino sent me a special valentine today...hea... He sent me the DX valentine of 1050 XED, Mexicali, Baha California, Norte, Mexico. It came in pretty good this morning. Now I am just waiting to pick up 1050 XEG from Monterrey and my evil DX scheme will be complete.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby TheStuboy » February 16th, 2008, 3:29 am

Stop it stu, you're approaching 300, and you don't want Kaing Leonidas to come after you.

If and when you do hit 300, I will change the numbers to some different color from then on.

Also, let me remind you, I'm right on your tail stu, I'm only 23 stations behind you at this point. BEAT!
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Person to Person, Boy to Boy

Postby Kaing of Kaings » February 26th, 2008, 8:19 pm

Ell, Last night I picked up a Border Blaster from far Southeast of here. That's right, I got 1050 XEG from Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico. I heard it loud and clear on my Grundigity about 10:00 pm last night. I barely heard the ID but I heard their jingle which is "La RAAANNNNCHERA, LA RAANCHERA de Monterrey". I also heard them talking about local stuff in Monterrey. Hea.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby TheStuboy » February 26th, 2008, 8:58 pm

I'm still less than 20 stations away from you stu, and by using that website I posted in this forum (see announcements) I will break 300 some day, and then BEAT!
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby TheStuboy » February 27th, 2008, 3:17 pm

XEG is fixed now. Hea!
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Schweeew

Postby Kaing of Kaings » February 27th, 2008, 9:23 pm

God it stinks in here...Anyway, today was a twofer day for DXing. This morning, I confirmed a station I thought I had earlier. It was 1100 KWWN, Las Vegas, NV, ESPN Sports. The signal was happily overriding douche Glen Beck on 1100 KNZZ and I heard commercials for Vegas and the station said, "Home of Rebel Football". UNLV is the home of the Rebels so that pretty much rules everything else out.

On the way back from work, I picked up a new state in Mexico. I could barely hear it but I know what I heard. I picked up 790 XENT, La Paz, Baha California Sur. There were a lot of stations fighting it but it broke through at the right time to hear them ID. Hea.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Radio room