Scary ass Ham Radio frequencies. 12-1-07

Got anything at all to say about either radio towers or scanner frequencies, or anything related to radio in general, here's where you go.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Scary ass Ham Radio frequencies. 12-1-07

Postby TheStuboy » December 1st, 2007, 3:28 am

I'm not sure if you can hear these on the average shortwave radio but the frequencies of 3.840 and 3.843 are extremely scary frequencies. Thats mHz.

I found this out by listening to a radio online from http://www.dxtuners.com. I have a membership there if you guys want to use the radios.

My account is wyodx and my password, I can email you. Let me know.

I recorded some of what it sounds like.

http://www.ubstudios.com/audio/scaryham.mp3
This is about 5+ minutes. The main frequency was 3.843 mhz. These guys are nuts.

A couple of minutes into the recording, I switched the frequency to 3.840, which seems a bit more civil, the guys talking about the fire. They must have been from California. I went up to 3.841, which sounds screwed up. I then went to 3.842, and finally back to 3.843 mhz. You can tell how far away (from IL) the guys are by how loud or soft their radios sound.

This was recorded from a radio in Champaign IL.

I used Cool Edit to record this, and I selected the "What you hear" thing in my sound mixer.

This reminds me of an old school chat room. All these old farts dissing each other. Funny shit.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

That is freaken Freaky

Postby Kaing of Kaings » December 1st, 2007, 2:45 pm

Wow, that is freaky. It sounds like Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back where they are on Planet Hoth and the Empire's flying robot is spying on people. Very Scary. Hey Stu, You, I and Leeroy should get Ham Radios some day. That would be cool.
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » December 3rd, 2007, 1:32 pm

Sounds like guys talking on CB.

The scary guy must have some voice alteration software attached to his ham to be able to make that voice.
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Return to Radio room