Northern Arizona, November 2007 DX

Got anything at all to say about either radio towers or scanner frequencies, or anything related to radio in general, here's where you go.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Northern Arizona, November 2007 DX

Postby Kaing of Kaings » November 7th, 2007, 9:07 pm

This is the new format for my DX postings. Instead of making one post each time I get a new station, I will put all the stations I get in November under this post. Hea.

Anyway, today I got my first station of the month. Do you ever have that experience when some one comes up to you in the locker room and goes, Say, that's a nice rod! You always feel like you have accomplished something after that. Anyway, thats the way I felt today when I got 600 KROD, El Paso, TX, Talk. I heard it pretty clear and I guess thats the one thing good about KVNA being on low power since Walmart took their old one down to build a new Stuper Walmart.

I think their slogan is KROD no Gay ROD
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Thanksgiving to the DX Gods

Postby Kaing of Kaings » November 22nd, 2007, 8:28 pm

It's Thanksgiving today and the DX gods have thanked me with a new station, and I thank them back. After seeing the Mist (Review coming soon), we were driving back and on our way home, we noticed that the top of the hour was approaching. I turned it to 950 and heard 950 XEK, Tijuana, Baha California, Mexico. They also go by the ID KEGM but what I heard was XEK. It was coming in fairly good and I heard them say Baha California. So thanks you DX gods. You guys rock.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Ell

Postby Kaing of Kaings » November 26th, 2007, 8:30 pm

This morning, on my way to work, I picked up my old stomping grounds on the dial. I tuned into good ol 830 KUYO, Evansville, WY, Religious/Manheim Steamroller. I never listened to this station when I lived in Casper because everyone knows i'm a heathen and worship cats and light poles, but it brought back good memories of a time when I didn't have responsibility. Anyway, here's to you WY.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » November 27th, 2007, 11:51 am

Ahhh, the good old days, when you could dx without a care. My gay landlord is foreclosing on our house so we have to move in December, pisses me off since might have to move again if the S.F. job comes through.
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Ell

Postby Kaing of Kaings » November 27th, 2007, 9:20 pm

That sucks. We are going to have to move by May of next year too since the Ass hole who used to own this house put it up for sale when we started renting it and now the new owners want to move in by May. I hate renting but still not sure if I can afford a house or if we will stay here long enough to make it worth while. I hear your pain man.

On the lighter hand, I got a new station tonight and I heard it pretty clear. The station is 1540 XEHOS, Villa de Seris, Sonora, Mexico. Villa de Seris is a suburb south of Hermosillo. It was coming in fairly clear along with the Asian station from LA. Hea hea.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » November 28th, 2007, 12:50 pm

ya, sucks not being able to afford a house, we are stuck dealing with hessian landlords.
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Get a Rope

Postby Kaing of Kaings » November 29th, 2007, 9:58 pm

Ell, got a new station tonight. I didn't hear an ID but I heard commercials and the commercials were for El Centro, California and Mexicalli, Baha California Norte. The commercials were a mixture of Spanish and English and I heard one in particular about "Porkies" bar down in Mexicalli. I am pretty sure I got 1300 KROP, Brawley, CA, Country. I didn't hear any country at the time but I don't know any other station on 1300 that would play commercials for the towns I mentioned. I bet you got this from PS Leeroy.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » November 30th, 2007, 5:42 pm

I suppose its possible you could hear KROP. I could hear it every night in P.S. but it was very faint. You should definetly listen to this again and confirm the Country music because they pretty much play Country music all the time. Though the cities mentioned on the station would lead you to believe it was KROP.
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

I looking for a Llwellen Moss?

Postby Kaing of Kaings » December 1st, 2007, 2:17 pm

Ell, I don't know what station that could be other be than KROP. It was coming in kind of faint here too and it was about sundown. There aren't any other CA or Mexican stations near El Centro on that frequency.

Yesterday morning on the way to work, at 8:00, I clearly picked 1300 KCMY, Carson City, NV, Country. It's been a while since i've picked up a station from NV so it's kind of nice.

I have to ask Leeroy a question. Did you ever pick up 970 KNUU from Paradise, NV when you were in PS? I can get the 970 Knews from PS but can't seem to raise Paradise NV.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » December 3rd, 2007, 1:30 pm

I did hear KNUU, but I might have heard it from LA and not P.S.

My site says it was heard on a car dx in February of 2005. I probably was driving back to Corona from LA or something when I heard it.

We are moving to Walnut Creek on the 15th, only about 3-4 miles from where we currently live. Hopefully the DX conditions will be better in my apt there.
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Return to Radio room