Trans-Siberian Orchestra

All flatch all the time. For musicians and fans and Butthesda critics and engineers and nerds and for anyone who's ever wanted to make a loud noise by beating a mantha. No RIAA allowed.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Trans-Siberian Orchestra

Postby Kaing of Kaings » November 18th, 2007, 4:16 am

Yes, we went to see the Trans-Siberian Mantha Beating Orchestra TSMBO yesterday and it was, I must say, an AWESOME experience.

Heres a fake quick rundown on the History of the TSMBO. They started in the middle of Siberia where Mantha's were in short supply. They played good music with metal guitars and violins. They rocked out with their cock out every night. Then they decided to go on tour around Russia and collect Mantha's in the process. During every show, they would take out a Mantha (or Buki) and beat to a "Wow what a great audience!" Russia soon ran out of Manthas and Bukis to beat so they started touring America with their fireworks and explosions. And thus they came to Phoenix and rocked our sacks.

Ok now that the fake brief history is done, lets get on with the review. TSO has everything you would want in rock in roll show. It has hot chicks, fire balls and fireworks, Heavy Rocken guitars, smoke machines and lazers and strobe lights cutting people in half who sit in the audience and blinding them in the process. I am telling you, if Jesus were alive today, this is the Christmas music he would listen too.

Not only do these guys play Christmas music that will rock your balls off, they play classical music and classical rock as well. These guys do it all and at the end, your ears will be ringing or bleeding from all of the loud bombastic rocking going on.

That being said, there was one lame part of the show where they tell this story of an old man and a bar. The story doesn't make sense and some rocker dude dresses up like an old man to sing it. It is cheesy but if you can survive that part, you're in for an awesome show. I was seriously getting goose bumps during some of the songs and at the end. One of the babes who was waving at the audience in our direction waved personally at me so I waved back. It was a rock and roll Christmas that was destined to please the gods of ROCK. I give this 3.8 stars out of 4 and this was definitely the best concert seen this year. I recommend this to anyone who has an appreciation for rock, fire, babes, lazers, smoke machines, fake snow, Christmas music and a balls to the wall performance.

P.S. No Mantha's were harmed during this show. They used a Buki for the beat scene instead (provided by yours truly.

Could it get any cooler than this. I think not.

At the end of every show, the stage blows up and they have to reassemble the robots and guitars for the next show. At this show, the Buki was still on stage when it went off.
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby TheStuboy » November 18th, 2007, 10:14 am

I've heard rumors that at some shows they have a huge television behind them on the stage and they show guerrilla mantha/buki beating video provided by MTCs all over the western US. You know, those little house things commonly by railroads and pipelines, those are MTCs (Mantha Torture Centers) and certified beating occurs every few weeks.

TSO must get there bukis and manthas from those places, that and people must just throw them up on stage for them to beat. Did you witness this event stu?
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » November 19th, 2007, 5:38 am

Gomp and the Minor Canon were in SF this weekend with that whiney libyan Johnette Napoletano.
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Ell

Postby Kaing of Kaings » November 22nd, 2007, 8:23 pm

Yea, that Janet Napolitano was at Scottsdale when we saw the Minor Canon too. I must say, she sucks. We tried listening for a while but we just left because we couldn't take her screeching. I still think the Minor Canon should open for Keen or Snow Patrol. They are similar bands and would probably get more attention if they opened for a band like them.
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Musical Flatch