A Semi Rare moment in DXing...

Got anything at all to say about either radio towers or scanner frequencies, or anything related to radio in general, here's where you go.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

A Semi Rare moment in DXing...

Postby TheStuboy » November 16th, 2007, 9:43 am

Tonight while Dxing on 830 AM I caught a religious station that I originally thought was KUYO from Evansville, WY, since I know I've heard it before, but alas, something was different about this station.

I was mainly surprised at how clear it was coming in despite being one channel away from the most annoying station ever, KUTR, which is also religious ghey music. Anyway, I listened for awhile, and noticed it was branding itself as Family Life radio. I looked to see if there was any other station on 830 that was religious, and sure enough, KFLT fit the bill. I still wasn' t 100% convinced so I started recording the station to see if it would ID at the half an hour point, and right at 5:30 my time, BAM! it dissappeard, and the savage nation station (KLAA) behind it came in ever so clear, then IDed itself.

I caught this low power transition on my computer, and below is the original unaltered file that I recorded:

http://www.ubstudios.com/dx/slcids/kflt_lowpower.mp3

Notice how when the station goes to low power (1kw) the bad sounding directional flutter disappears with it. It was cool to hear KLAA come in loud and clear milliseconds after KFLT went to low power. I haven't heard this phenomenon for a long time, but I still think its cool never the less.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » November 19th, 2007, 5:35 am

ya, KLAA used to be that annoying gringo station but now its ultra-hessian republican radio. So I dont know which one is worse.

Ell, will you be doing a tradition Thanksgiving eve dx from GR?
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Postby TheStuboy » November 19th, 2007, 5:15 pm

Yeah I plan on doing a bit of Dxing from GR over the break, bringing my dxradio with me. This is all going down because SLC passed GR by at least 10 and I'm bound to stop SLC from winning :lol:
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Radio room