Late October Gringo DX

Got anything at all to say about either radio towers or scanner frequencies, or anything related to radio in general, here's where you go.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Late October Gringo DX

Postby Kaing of Kaings » October 29th, 2007, 9:18 pm

Thats right. Tonight, I got a loud and clear station from south of the border. That station was 970 XEEZ, Caboroca, Sonora, Mexico. It was coming in loud and clear around sunset and I clearly heard and ID and location. Hea.

Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby TheStuboy » October 30th, 2007, 11:19 am

El, stuff from the south must be coming in now days, because early this morning, between 3 and 3:30 I couldn't sleep. I went to bed at ten, so I had already gotten a lot of sleep, but for some reason, was up. I dxed for that half an hour with my headphones on and got KTBL and KIDL.

KTBL I've heard from Laramie I believe, and KIDL was confirmed using their internet broadcast. I wish all gringos were required to have online broadcasts, that would make them so much easier to ID. That or they need to ID in English more often, especially stations in the US.

KTBL is from Los Ranchos, NM a suburb of Albuquerque.
KIDL is from Phoenix, and has only 250 watts at night but I know what I was hearing.

If I have any more sleeping problems like this morning, I'm going to DX, as a hella lot of stuff was coming in this morning.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Radio room