Review from Los Angeles premiere of The Stu Supremacy

This is the place to discuss our movies. You can say anything you please about them. We also have a sticky that informs you about super important movie news including premieres and progress.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Review from Los Angeles premiere of The Stu Supremacy

Postby leeroy_t » January 9th, 2005, 10:50 pm

If you've forgotten the kick you get from watching a globe-trotting, butt-kicking, whiplash-paced action movie done with humor, style and smarts, take a ride with The Stu Supremacy. This one has everything, starting with a knockout performance from Chris W. in what may become his signature role: Jason Stu, an amnesiac C.I.A. assassin who wants to come in from the cold, but not before he kills the creeps who set him up. Chris can seem limp and doughy in the wrong part (Hessian Nights), but here he's a lean, mean machine fired with steely intelligence. Chris played the same role two years ago in The Stu Identity, expertly directed by Van Stuber from Leeroy Turtlehead's novel. This time Justin Stuboy (Beating Mantha) takes the reins and spins a hand-held camera from Wyoming to Moscow to Checnya to a killer car chase in Ingushetia with a keen eye and shotgun urgency. Plot details are irrelevant. Just grab your popcorn and let this movie work you over.

Overall comments from those in attendance were as follows:

"This is the best film Ubstudios has ever made."

"Wow, a Ubstudios movie with a script, I can't believe it!"

"The chase scene rocked, though it was a litte long and drawn out, you need to use shorter shots to capture that."

"I didnt realize how many Wyoming licensed vehicles are in Russia?"

"Craig once again gave a turtlehead giving performance."

"The scene where Agent Hess runs outside, you should have circled him with the camera to make a cooler action shot."

"Leeroy was great with his Russian accent, his best role to date."

"The rooftop scene was really cool, accept dorky dad was looking right at the camera."

"Stuboy looked like he was in the sabotage video by the Beastie Boys, he played the part perfectly."

"Worst preview ever! Brice and Jennifer must be Ubstudios B Movie actors."

"If you say KANG one more time Im going to beat your cats!!!"

(edited for correctness and wording 1/11/05 3:40 MST)
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Blah blah

Postby TheStuboy » January 11th, 2005, 5:25 pm

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Any word on what will be made next year?

Also, Brice yes, is a bad actor we must admit. I don't believe he will be in any more films as he was fired half way through production of The Disappearing. Jennifer is capable of much better judging from her performance in 2003's Spring Vacation and it's upcoming sequel (due Summer 2005).

The Dissappearing had no script (as did most past Ubstudios films) and the results resemble Justin City and Crape.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Ubstudios next big picture

Postby leeroy_t » January 11th, 2005, 6:06 pm

It has not yet been decided which flick UBSTUDIOS will film next year over the holiday season. Rumor has it Van Stubers "Wingmen" is in the works but it is going to require we have chics to film this movie. Also most of it takes place in bars, so we dont know how feasible it will be to film.

Other rumors say a horror/monster movie is on tap, but there is no confirmation on this.

Lastly, there is a rumor Stuboy has a movie in the works, of which no details are known that will put this promising film student on the scene.

Thats the word from Heallywood
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Postby TheStuboy » January 11th, 2005, 6:18 pm

What movies are being made right now in the LA area leeroy, do you know?
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

la movies

Postby leeroy_t » January 11th, 2005, 11:35 pm

The one movie we do know that is being filmed is the 4th installment of the American Pie series. American Pie 4 (Band Camp)

In this one the movie revolves around stiflers perverted younger brother (will be a new actor) who gets sent to band camp as a punishment for evil deeds. Band camp? who, what,where? anyways expect lots of ladies and lots of smut jokes.

Its probably going to suck since most of the original cast will not be in the movie, of course Sean William Scott will make an apperance, and Eugene Levy is also supposed to be in there. But no Alyson, how can they have a band camp without her. Anyways its supposed to be a direct to DVD release meaning its probably going to suck ass!

The film is finishing shooting in Vancouver.

Gomps says to call Central Casting at 818-260-6120, this is the number to call to find out about casting for current movies, tv. hollywoodreporter.com has info, but u have to subscribe.
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Postby Kaing of Kaings » January 14th, 2005, 10:29 pm

:) Hea, I was just wondering if Stuboy has any other movies or posters coming up. I havent seen any of his movies coming up. Hea Hea.
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby TheStuboy » January 14th, 2005, 11:34 pm

Well he's been really busy with school and all. He is almost 100% gaurunteed to go to Utah next fall so who knows. He is also taking an acting class this year which will help hopefully. Spring Vacation 2 (working title) is slated to begin production in March. Other than that, I have no idea when any new posters for Wilkins Peak Studios will arrive. We're thinking "The Disappearing" poster might arrive very shortly, like within the week if he gets around to doing it.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Movie News