October DX finally picks up an Oldies Fave!

Got anything at all to say about either radio towers or scanner frequencies, or anything related to radio in general, here's where you go.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

October DX finally picks up an Oldies Fave!

Postby Kaing of Kaings » October 9th, 2007, 10:16 pm

Just minutes ago, I confirmed what I have long suspected. I picked up 950 KNFT, Bayard, NM, Oldies. They play some good songs like Chicago and the some good 60s and 70s hits. The station is highly directional but sometimes it can come in pretty clear. They are the main oldies station for Silver City and Santa Clara which are a couple miles from Bayard. I heard them mentioning those cities too. Now I can finally focus on Sonora. Hea.

Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » October 10th, 2007, 11:27 pm

This morning I got another station on my way to work. This time it was 970 KNWZ, Coachella, CA, News/Talk. They were playing Glen Beck just like all the other K-News stations play in southern CA/ Southern NV. I swear, there must be 5 K-News stations in that area and they all play the same thing. I don't know what good it does to have that many people listening to Glen Beck but I guess that's freedom of speech. What they need though is some Ed Schultz. He will set all those guys straight. Anyway, they were advertising for Palm Springs and I barely heard them ID so I know this is it. Hea.

Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » October 11th, 2007, 12:19 pm

There are two K-news stations in the Coachella valley, one is at the west end of the valley in P.S. (KNWQ) and the other is at the east end of the valley in Coachella (KNWZ). They both have weak transmitters so they figure they need two stations to cover the whole valley. KNWZ did not come in very clear in P.S. at night. I used to listen to A.H. nightly on KNWQ which came in great because I lived in P.S.. There is also a K-news station in Yucca Valley on 1250, probably only 1kW, can barely hear it in P.S. The way the mtns and valleys are set up, signals just dont travel well.
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Postby TheStuboy » October 14th, 2007, 2:05 pm

Updated, done and done.

I started my Montana DX last night, but I'm still trying to get any WA or OR stations I can, seems to be the only direction that comes in well enough. I get shit as far as east and west. South, i haven't seen anything yet.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Radio room