Ohhh, Im as Happy as Boymass, Time To Celebrate Boy

Got anything at all to say about either radio towers or scanner frequencies, or anything related to radio in general, here's where you go.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Ohhh, Im as Happy as Boymass, Time To Celebrate Boy

Postby Kaing of Kaings » September 20th, 2007, 8:16 pm

Got another station today. This one is 1370 KSOP, South Salt Lake City, Country. I didn't hear an ID but got plenty of clues to prove it. They used their station moto, Gold Country 1370, Its the only Country station west of the rockies on 1370 and they gave out their request number. I checked it online and it was confirmed.

I agree with the New DX law about starting it on September 15th and ending it on March 15th. It seems the stations are starting to come back in. Now to start my Sonora DX investigation Program. HEa.

Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

It's not a TUBA

Postby Kaing of Kaings » September 23rd, 2007, 7:39 pm

Ell, this is a weird DX situation. KTBA, a Christian station in the Navajo Nation , has changed frequencies. They used to be on 1050 AM but now they are on 760 which was confirmed last Friday. Don't know if this counts as a new station or not. I recommend the counsel of the other DX gods for a recommendation. Anyway, here it is. 760 KTBA, Tuba City, AZ, Christian (Fire and Brimstone).

Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » September 24th, 2007, 5:44 pm

According to my DX regulations, if a station changes frequency you need to add an "off air" note next to it in the list and add the new station into its proper place in the listing. The new frequency does not count as a brand new station in your totals.

The only way it can count as a new station is if a station switches cities like KTRB 860 did from Modesto to S.F.

See my website for examples.

Same goes if a station changes its Call letters, or format, you just need to update the listing to reflect the changes but you arent credited with finding a new station.

I recent confirmed KQKE "K-Quake 960" in Oakland is now KKGN "Green 960." What I did was update the call letters, and in the format box I wrote that it used to be KQKE.

You also cant count a station bleeding onto a different frequency as a new station. For example I have KGO bleeding somewhere in the 1600's but that doesnt count as a new station. You can add it to your list however.
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Postby TheStuboy » September 24th, 2007, 11:37 pm

Yes, Leeroy is correct as far as DX regulations go. I will start working on official rules here when I get a chance. They will be on this forum as a sticky, but you guys can add more or less rules to it.

It doesn't effect your totals, and I made the change. Hea!
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby TheStuboy » September 25th, 2007, 4:31 pm

KSOP (no Gay SOP) is updated now. Forgot to transfer some files. DOH!
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Radio room