SLC DX Hits 200

Got anything at all to say about either radio towers or scanner frequencies, or anything related to radio in general, here's where you go.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

SLC DX Hits 200

Postby TheStuboy » September 16th, 2007, 10:14 pm

I have no idea how it happened but tonight while listening to only two frequencies I managed to capture four new stations, putting SLC finally into 200 territory.

The stations were all from the north and northwest,

KAPL 1300 Phoenix, OR
KKOL 1300 Seattle, WA
KZXR 1310 IDed and local commercial
and
KEIN 1310 Great Falls, MT, which Ided faintly.

1310 and 1300 seem to be a hotbed of activity as there are still other stations on them I can't seem to confirm. A sports station in the background on 1310 and some other faint ones on 1300. ELLL!! 200, its about time for SLCDX.

The RadioSack DXTenna is kicking ass! I moved it outside my window so that might have something to do with it.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby TheStuboy » September 16th, 2007, 10:15 pm

Also, I might add, listening to the radio with a good pair of headphones makes all the difference!
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » September 17th, 2007, 11:09 pm

Ell, it sounds like DX season has started early, I better get my ass in gear. Only dx news I can report as of late is that Ive begun listening to AH on KKOH instead of the local KSFO. KSFO is only 5kw and goes in and out even though Im like 20 miles away, KKOH typically comes in pretty clear. God, I have horrible flatch tonight. Reminds me of that one night dxing in GR.
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Return to Radio room