August Schmagus

Got anything at all to say about either radio towers or scanner frequencies, or anything related to radio in general, here's where you go.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

August Schmagus

Postby Kaing of Kaings » August 28th, 2007, 10:21 pm

Ell, this has been a slow month with me spending most of my DX time trying to get 1550, KWRN, Apple Valley,CA Spanish. About 3 weeks ago, I did hear a Spanish station with a directionality to the west south west. I have not heard a clear ID but I did hear them say California and Radio Mexico which is that station's tag line. Tonight, I heard it again only more clearly but still no ID. At home my Grundigity is very sensitive to the direction of the source radio wave so this almost surely has to be KWRN. I'm pretty positive it is. Anyway add this one to the list. Only one more month till DX season officially begins in October. Hea.

Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby TheStuboy » August 29th, 2007, 10:13 am

I figured sooner or later you'd get this one. Its not next to the ocean so most of it's power goes inland.

The reception from here in my new apartment is kang to nill, you should hear what a local station sounds like when the radio is near my comp, scary riley riley riley.

My new car stereo however seems to be kicking ass, I've already got numerous stations I had before but only could hear with the car off. I'm trying to get that parowan utah station KENT but the Provo one keeps killing it. On the way back from Flag a couple of weeks ago, we heard it all the way up till nephi and it started competeing with the provo crap station. I'll see what happens at night.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Radio room