Europe DX information

Got anything at all to say about either radio towers or scanner frequencies, or anything related to radio in general, here's where you go.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Europe DX information

Postby leeroy_t » August 20th, 2007, 1:40 pm

Ellroyyyyyyyyyy!

We just got back to Barcelona from a stay on the Medietteranean where we rented a car. I didnt do any official DXing but I did note that the AM band in Europe runs from 144-1629 Khz on my car radio. Its virtually impossible to identify any stations since everything is in a foreign language so I didnt make a list but I also noted that stations werent always on even frequencies, for example there could be a station on 901 or 907 instead of just 890-900-910.

Ill post my pictures from the trip when I get home on friday, hea hea hea, lots of kang ppl here. Also weird letters on my keyboard, ñ and ç to name a few.
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Elll

Postby Kaing of Kaings » August 25th, 2007, 2:19 pm

Did you pick up the BBC while in Spain? You should of got some English station out there.
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » August 25th, 2007, 5:22 pm

No, I only listened to AM during the day and all the stations were in Spanish, French, and Catalan.

One interesting note is that on FM, literally half the stations play only UNCE music. Heard some popular R&B as well as some Coleflatch-like bands on other radio stations.
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Return to Radio room