No Reservations - (No Excuse for this Movie)

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

No Reservations - (No Excuse for this Movie)

Postby Kaing of Kaings » August 19th, 2007, 2:36 pm

This review is a little late but better late than never. The movie stars Catherine Zeta-Jones, Aaron Eckhart and Little Miss Sunshine herself, Abigail Breslin. The movie focuses on Zeta-Jones who is a cook in NYC who has her own anal retentive ways of doing things and if anyone else screws it up, she gets pissed off and chops off their heads.

Suddenly, she has to take care of Little Miss Sunshine after Sunshine's mom is killed in a car crash. This makes life for Zeta-Jones even more difficult as she struggles to look good, (not difficult for her to do) and raise Sunshine who lost her sunshine somewhere after the Oscar ceremony.

To make things more complicated, Aaron Eckhart enters the story as an Italian Opera singing chef who got his start making gourmet salads at McDonalds. Zeta-Jones becomes jealous and starts beheading the kitchen staff and then the movie ends with a shing at the cameraman.

Actually, half the stuff I told you was false, but it makes for a good premise anyway. This movie is definitely a chick flick but it isn't as stupid as Failure to Launch, and it doesn't have Sarah Jessica-Parker's nose in it or Matthew McConaughey's naked bongo playing pot smoking style.

Zeta-Jones does an ok job at playing an anal retentive chef who likes things her way and Abigail Breslin is good in any movie I have seen her in. Aaron Eckhart, trying to recover from the shitty movie, The Core, actually saves this movie from mediocrity once he shows up. If he weren't in this movie, it would have been a boring suck fest. That being said, bring your woman to this movie, she will like it especially if she likes good food.

I give this movie 2.85 stars out of four. It starts of slow but ends better. Just don't expect to see any Catherine Zeta-Jones cleavage or sneaking around lazer beam shots.

Jones: "Damn it Aaron! This isn't McDonalds and no we don't make Old Macs here."

Aaron's mind: "If only you knew, I got this job so I could stare at your curvatious butt, you would thank me for making these hamburglers."

Aaron: "Look Catherine! I know you like going into closed spaces and farting so you can smell it, but you shouldn't do it in our kitchen freezer. There are probably health codes you are violating right now. Schweeeeeew.
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews