Knocked Up (PTed Up)

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Knocked Up (PTed Up)

Postby leeroy_t » June 11th, 2007, 10:27 pm

Saw Knocked Up the previous weekend. It is a very funny movie about a Stuboy who scores with a real KO and also knocks her up. I wont give away too much about what happens, but its a pretty predictable story line. Stuboy knocks up KO, stuboy acts Stu, KO is like elll! Stuboy goes to vegas and watches cirque d' sole on mushrooms, stuboy grows up and becomes a man, ko has baby, everyone lives happily ever after.

This movie however was suprisingly funny, and not just stu funny like Will Ferrell movies, which really arent funny at all, it was genuinely funny throughout the movie. I highly recommend all stus see this movie. If you have a date, chances are you will score after the movie because its a real chic pleaser, though very funny from a man's perspective with lots of flatch and shlong jokes. 3.6/4 stars
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Postby TheStuboy » June 15th, 2007, 7:20 pm

I saw this movie last Tuesday down in Stu Lake City with an undisclosed woman, and both of us didn't like it as much as you did Leeroy.

First of all, there are way too many endings and unnecessary parts in this film. It would have been better and shorter had all the fat been trimmed, subplots galore.

The acting was okay, but not really all that great, and the jokes were pretty old and only occasionally funny.

Without the too many endings and filler, the film would have probably fared better for me and the woman I was with, but we both walked out of the theater with a general "that sucked" attitude.

P.S. There is one gross scene at the end during the birth. It will make anyone think twice about getting their ko pregnant. That was the idea of this movie I believe, use protection so we don't get overrun with Hessians.

1.9 stars out of 4, probably the first really bad movie I have seen this year.

-My synopsis- NOT WORTH IT! Go see butt pirates or Live kang and Die Stu before you go see this.

P.S. BEAT 101.9 is the only station in the U.S. that plays Coleflatch, and the only station in Wyoming that plays The Minor Canon.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » June 16th, 2007, 12:03 am

hea hea, well I thought it was funny anyways. Gomps thought it was funny as well. Though this review kind of goes along with what Ive seen on our netflatch comparison Stu, I find movies like harold and kumar, eurotrip, and american ko very funny while you really dislike those kind of movies.

Was the undisclosed woman a mormon? If so that might account for some uncomfortableness while watching such a movie as all mormons are good and wholesome and would never get Knocked Up.
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Knocked Up - (Sucked Up)

Postby Kaing of Kaings » July 8th, 2007, 9:08 pm

Elll. We just got back from Knocked Up and I think our review is somewhere in the middle of the two on this forum. While there were some funny parts, especially earlier in the movie, toward the end, it got less funny until no one in the theater was laughing anymore. I generally think these kind of comedies are way overrated. Like 40-Year Old Virgin, I just don't get the hype. I thought the acting was ok but the story kind of lacked and was very predictable. Like Will Ferrel movies, the jokes get stale toward the end and you are waiting for the movie to end.

My woman on the other hand probably liked it more than me. She wasn't all excited to see it in the first place but she was kind of surprised she liked it more then she thought. That being said, she didn't like it enough to get it on DVD or anything. Anyway, I give this movie 2.8 stars out of 4. They should bring back the Wedding Crashers.
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews