Disturbia (Disturdia)

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Disturbia (Disturdia)

Postby TheStuboy » April 14th, 2007, 1:26 am

Everyone's neighborhood isn't perfect.

You have your typical little shits who like to cause trouble (See Trent and Mitch)... You have an affair going on across the street between a sewer guy and his gardener. You also happen to have a knockout moving in next door.

Lest we forget, you have a David Morse who lives directly behind you.

This is Disturbia, where YOU are the endangered species.

SPOILERS

Your name is Kale, and you are a stuboy who loves his gay dad, until you suddenly lose him to some stupid Utah driver in, of all things, a Chevy Blazer. A year later sees you sitting in a Spanish class, listening to your best asian friend talking about what he wants to do with hot chicks in Hawaii. It comes your turn to speak, and you apparently slept through the entire course and this royally pisses off your teacher causing him to become a smart ass. So you pop him one. Boom, instant house arrest.

Thus is the premise of Disturbia. Kale is stuck in his house (and he literally can't escape), and, as time passes, begins to learn the lives of his neighbors around him. Where have I seen this before? Hitchcock anyone.

Enter David Morse code. You, being a peeping stuboy, can't resist watching him act stiffly as he hides some unsuspecting plot and you believe he is a murderer. The question is, how far would you go to find out, and will you ever get to see the Ko next door's boobs?

END SPOILERS>>>

Right from the get go, I could tell this film wasn't something ordinary, even though I came knowing full well that it would be similar to Rear Window. Honestly though, this is Rear window on steroids.

The character and the situations, as well as his little gadgets, are very relate-able and very modern. This was a nice touch, and I'm not used to seeing such modern and current technology in films. Why is this? Maybe there are too many old farts in Hollywood. People like Musty Clint Eastwood, who have logs up their butts and can't get with the times. On a side note, I'm ashamed to see that Steven Spielberg produced Transformers, as I hate absolutely everything that has to do with Michael Bay.

Back to Disturdia though.
Wow, was the feeling I felt several times throughout the film. If you enjoyed the thrilling nature of such films like "Breakdown" or "Joyride" you'll definitely love this film.

This is what works in this film for me, the "Frustration factor." This what Wah would call a veeerrrry frustrating movie.

Acting was surprisingly good across the board, except for the stuboy's mom, who has a tendency to overact, as does the real Wah.

David Morse, I've always thought, has been a convincing bad guy. Yes, sorry to break your bubble, he is a bad guy. I didn't particularly like 16 Blocks, but it wasn't his fault, it was more Mos Def's stupid ass voice that pissed me off. I can't believe he is coming here next week.

Anywho, David Morse is more friendly (fart) in this film, but it adds to his character's creepiness that you just want to flatch when he does what he does. You want to take him by the sac and slap his ass down. Don't worry though, all is good.

Disturdia gets 3.7 stars out of 4, and is easily one of the most frustrating movies I have seen in quite a while. I give it two cheeks up (( )).(( ))!

"God damn type casting, I think I'm going to shing the camera man in protest!"

David Morse sends beat morse code in 2007's Disturdia.

Trust me, I wouldn't even hurt a Bruce Willis, er, person, but I know how he feels. I sometimes remember wanting to beat a mantha when I was younger, its something we all do ya know.

David Morse gets fuzzy in 2007's Disturdia.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Definately Distrudia

Postby Kaing of Kaings » April 22nd, 2007, 2:51 pm

My woman and I saw Disturdia on Friday.

In general, I thought the movie started out a little slow. It didn't help that the distributor of the movie gave Harkins a shitty copy where you could see the mic boom in almost every scene. That kind of took the dramatic affect during the film. It was kind of funny in the garage scene when the girl pulled around and David Morse was standing there with a boom hanging in front of him. I asked the theater guys to fix it but they said they couldn't because the distributor gave them a shitty copy and there was nothing they could do to adjust it.

Anyway, the film started a little slow but got moving toward the end when David Morse code lost his head and started dancing to Dance to the Morse Code. David Morse is definitely a beat force and this movie proves it. I think Carrie-Anne Moss is a Beatforce too. The main star, Shia LaBeouf, is a pretty good actor for his age. He can be seen in previous films like Constantine (Sucked), Bobby (never seen), The Gayest Game Ever Played (Never Seen) and Holes (Kids Movie). This summer, you can see him in Transformers (which looks like it might be a guilty pleasure movie of the summer even though hack Michael Bay is directing it). He is also going to be in Indiana Jones 4.

Overall, I think the movie was entertaining but I don't think I would get it on video. I give it 3 stars out of 4.

Shia LaBeouf has a rare disease that causes a deformity that looks like Carrie-Anne Moss's head to grow out of his back. Sometimes on the set of a movie, they have to stop filming until the head goes away. This happened often on the set of Disturbia.
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » May 20th, 2007, 11:06 am

Ell, I saw this movie a few weeks ago, I thought it was pretty good.
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews