The Pursuit of Happyness - (The Pursuit of Kangness)

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

The Pursuit of Happyness - (The Pursuit of Kangness)

Postby leeroy_t » January 7th, 2007, 1:23 am

Just got back from seeing The Pursuit of Happyness at the Grand Lake theater. Its a pretty good movie, very inspirational. The entire movie was filmed in the SF area so look for me making my cameo walking by in the BART station as Will Smith goes hea hea hea hea hea to his son. Actually I wasnt really in the movie, but Carolyn's sisters boyfriends dad was in the movie, he plays a clerk in a grocery store. Ya, I missed seeing him too. hea hea hea, I smell a possible oscar for Will since most other movies were pretty shitty this year. 3.5/4 stars
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Postby Kaing of Kaings » January 17th, 2007, 12:18 am

I saw The Pursuit of Heaness over the weekend. I went in thinking it was going to be all sappy and hokey but it turned out to be not that bad. I pretty much agree with Leeroy but I don't think Will Smith will win an Oscar. I think DiCaprio might get it but I bet Forrest Whitaker will get it for his role in The Last Kang of Scotland which I want to see. Will did a good job but I don't think the Oscars will buy it.

Overall, I thought the acting was good but the story was slow in some parts. I think I saw Carolyn's sisters, boyfriends dad in the movie in a grocery store scene. I also saw Gomps dressed as a hippie and stealing bone density scanners and mistaking them for a time machine. He was quite convincing and I didn't even recognize him. Actually, stupid hippies messed up everything in the movie and made it harder for Will Smith. That just goes to show that you can't trust a hippie.

Anyway, I still think Children of Men and The Departed are better movies and deserve the Oscar over this. After watching the Golden Globes though it looks like Babel or Dreamgirls will take the top price. Probably another disappointing Oscar season is on the way. I give this 3.4 stars out of 4.

P.S. I think this year actually has more better movies than last year even thought this year had its share of shit.
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » January 17th, 2007, 1:08 pm

It seems that Oscars are given to people who didnt necessarily do the best acting job, but more likely that Hollywood wants to elevate their career to another level because they are a very marketable person. For example, Reese Whitherspoon is a good actress, but her portrayl of June Carter Cash in Walk the Line was hardly oscar werthy. I also have heard Forrest Whitaker did an excellent job in Kang of Scotland. Id like to see that movie, has it come out yet? Ive heard Dream girls is really boring and while the acting was good, the movie itself is pretty dull, its like a musical flatch.

If you noticed in several scenes in Pursuit of Happyness, you could see across the bay to Oakland but you couldnt really make out if current buildings are there when its supposed to be 1981. I did see the enormous LDS temple here in Oakland in the movie but I looked it up and it was built in 1964 so its historically accurate being in the movie. hea hea!

Another rant I want to get off my chest. When is Hollywood going to get some fucking originality? I just saw a commercial for The Bridge To Terabeatmanthia. When is someone going to write an original script of a story no one has heard of before? Hollywood wonders why less people are going to the movies then in the past few years, just look at the crappy sequels, and stu non-original stories.
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Ell

Postby Kaing of Kaings » January 17th, 2007, 3:31 pm

Seriously, You should see Children of Men. It's based off a novel but it's probably the most original movie this year. The Cinematography is the best out of any film this year I have seen. I think The Last King of Scotland comes out this weekend. I definately am going to see that. I want to see Letters from Iwo Jima and Babel just to see what the big fuss is all about.
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews