New Years for Flagstaff Starts out with 2 New Station

Got anything at all to say about either radio towers or scanner frequencies, or anything related to radio in general, here's where you go.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

New Years for Flagstaff Starts out with 2 New Station

Postby Kaing of Kaings » January 1st, 2007, 7:35 pm

Two new stations were confirmed on two radios today through Stuboy. First up 830 KLAA, Orange County, CA, Spanish.

The second is 830 KUYO, from Evansville, WY, Christian.

Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Correction and new station

Postby Kaing of Kaings » January 1st, 2007, 11:17 pm

This is a correction from my last post. I did not get KUYO which turned out to be the Tucson religious station. However, I did get 830 WCCO which has been confirmed several times tonight through Stuboy and I heard the ID later in the night.

I also got a new mexican station. I tuned to 540 to hear 540 XETX, Nuevo Casas Grandes, Chihuahua, Mexico. I heard them ID and heard them say Nuevo Casas Grandes and also heard them say "La Ranchera de Paquime" which is part of their jingle and ID. I am definately 100% sure on this.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

New Mexican Station

Postby Kaing of Kaings » January 2nd, 2007, 8:18 pm

This morning while I was eating my breakfast. I finnaly got 540 XESURF, Tijuana, Baja California Norte. It was definately playing country and then at 7:00 AM they played the Mexican National anthem. After that, they promptly IDed which was pretty clear. Been trying to get this station for a while. Hea.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Ell another two stations

Postby Kaing of Kaings » January 2nd, 2007, 11:15 pm

Tonight, I got 850 XEM, Chihuahua, Chihuahua, Mexico. I could hear 850 KOA strongly but when I turned my radio away from it, Chihuahua, KOA got weaker and I could hear a spanish station. I have heard it before and they always say Ocho Cenquenta which is 8-50 and one of their calls. I also heard an ID and I could barely make it out. I know it was 3 letters and last time I heard this station I heard them say Chihuahua a couple times.

I also just got 550 KUZZ, Bakersfield CA, Country. I have been hearing this one lately at night and thougth I heard them ID a couple times. I also point the radio to the west and can hear it but not at any other direction. Tonight I heard a lady ID and that was it. As a matter of fact, I just heard them ID while I was typing this.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » January 3rd, 2007, 11:54 am

Ell, you just keep racking them up. How many do you have total?
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Stu

Postby Kaing of Kaings » January 4th, 2007, 9:55 pm

Stu you forgot this station I got. Thanks for updating. I got this station on the 2 of January.

I also got a new mexican station. I tuned to 540 to hear 540 XETX, Nuevo Casas Grandes, Chihuahua, Mexico. I heard them ID and heard them say Nuevo Casas Grandes and also heard them say "La Ranchera de Paquime" which is part of their jingle and ID. I am definately 100% sure on this.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Nevada DX Starts

Postby Kaing of Kaings » January 5th, 2007, 8:11 pm

Well, Nevada DX started with a lost list and a station I didn't think I would get. This morning on my way to work I got 1400 KSHP, North Las Vegas, Nevada which is classified as an Other station. It was coming in fairly clear for a while.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » January 6th, 2007, 1:38 pm

I heard KSHP from PS pretty easily so not too suprised you were able to hear that.
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Another 1400

Postby Kaing of Kaings » January 6th, 2007, 2:55 pm

The reason I was surpised I got it is that there are so many stations on 1400 around here that sometimes it sounds like shit on that channel. Its all jumbled and barelly legible.

Today, I got 1400 KTUC, Tucson, Arizona, Nostalgia. They were playing Billy Joel's "For the Longest Time" and after that I heard them clearly ID twice. It was around 12 noon. Hea

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

And another station

Postby Kaing of Kaings » January 6th, 2007, 10:53 pm

Ell, on my way back from cross-country skiing, I picked up another station. This time it was from UTAH. I got 1060 KDYL, South Salt Lake City, Utah. They were playing Frank Sinatra and then they IDed pretty clearly around sunset.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Next

Return to Radio room