Charlotte's Web - (Charlotte likes good tasty Pork!)

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Charlotte's Web - (Charlotte likes good tasty Pork!)

Postby Kaing of Kaings » December 31st, 2006, 10:58 pm

That'll do pig....that'll do.

Those are the last words heard by the hero pig, Wilbur before he goes in the smoke house and ends up as Fern's Christmas dinner. Actually, for those of you who have read the book (I haven't had the privilege of challenge), the movie goes much like the book. How do I know this you say? Well my woman has read this book and knows how to read better than I. Her friend came to town on the winter solstice and wanted to watch this movie.

Anyway, the story revolves around a pig named Wilbur and his faithful human friend, Dakota Fanning. She saves the pig from her heartless dad who wants to eat the pig like all good people usually do. Wilbur grows up with the other stinky farm animals in the barn who happen to know how to talk. None of the animals want to play with Wilbur until a spider, named Charlotte and voiced by Julia Roberts, comes along and befriends the pig. Charlotte has a nasty habit of catching flies and farting up their remains. Anyway, as the story goes on, you come to wonder, what is the point of this story. The point is, even if you look stu or are the runt of the litter, chances are, a spider will find you worthy of friendship.

My favorite character was the rat, Templeton voiced by Steve Buscemi. He pretty much saved the picture from being mundane and overblown. Overall, the movie wasn't bad. But I didn't think it was all that special too. Dakota did a good job at acting and the animals have evolved since Babe to speak better. Overall, I give the movie 2.75 stars out of four.

Fern: "Hush little piggy, don't say a word. And never mind that shinging you heard. It's just the smoke house getting all fired up instead. I'll have some bacon and some breakfast in bed...."

Lady in Green: "Oh my God? Did you fart or was that the pig. It smells like Lexington, Nebraska here...Schweeeew."

Little Boy: "Hea...It wasn't me."

Dakota Fanning: "I know I have a guilty shit eating smile on my face but it wasn't me."

Dorky Dad: "Am I actually in a Motion Picture?"

Extra's head underneath the ERHORN sign on the left of the picture next to the flowers: "Sorry guys, It was me...I just had some real bad funnel cakes."
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews