Mexico DXing

Got anything at all to say about either radio towers or scanner frequencies, or anything related to radio in general, here's where you go.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Mexico DXing

Postby leeroy_t » December 24th, 2006, 9:26 pm

Ell, as you may or may not be aware, I have just arrived back from my cruise of the Mexican Riveria. In conjunction with the cruise, many dxes took place. I am working on my 4th PHD in dxing and my disertation on Dxing the West Coast of Mexico will soon follow, along with lists of the stations I picked up. The dxes that occured are a night DX of Acapulco, Day dxes of Zihuatenajo/Ixtapa, Puerto Vallarta/Guadalajara, and Cabo San Lucas. A dx of the US also occured at dusk from just outside of Puerto Vallarta. I was looking to see which US stations travelled that far South into Mexico. The results of these dxes and my battle with chronic diahrea aboard the Norwegian Star will also be included in my report. So look for this in the next few days. hea hea hea
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Postby TheStuboy » December 25th, 2006, 1:09 am

Yeah, I heard Chronic Diahrea is a big problem for those who go on cruises.

Can't wait to see the results, I'm sure you beat the midwest DX that occurred last summer when I went to IL.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » December 25th, 2006, 4:37 pm

The DX log has begun on my website at: http://www.angelfire.com/mt2/rmwdx/mexico.html

I have logged the trip through my second DX in Zihuatanejo. More will be updated soon.
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Postby leeroy_t » December 29th, 2006, 12:52 am

Ell, the Mexico DX log is complete. check out the results at:

http://www.angelfire.com/mt2/rmwdx/mexico.html
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Postby leeroy_t » December 29th, 2006, 8:52 pm

XESURF 540 out of Tijuana and its 1260 counterpart in LA KKGO are under a new Country Music format.

In unrelated news, if you listened to AH last night you will know that Art has officially moved back to Pahrump, NV. I figured he wouldnt be in the Phillippines long and I was correct in that assumption. Of course his wife is with him.
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Return to Radio room