Christ Compels you to DX KLLV

Got anything at all to say about either radio towers or scanner frequencies, or anything related to radio in general, here's where you go.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Christ Compels you to DX KLLV

Postby Kaing of Kaings » December 4th, 2006, 7:57 pm

Ell, got an unexpected Colorado station today that wasn't on my list and isn't on Radio Tower finder. The station is 550 KLLV, Breen, Co, Religious. Breen Colorado is located just southwest of Durango, Colorado. The station was coming in fairly strong this morning and tonight which makes me think they might have upped their power for Christmas season. Anyway, Christ compels you to listen to KLLV or he will sacrafice a Mantha each week until his demands are met.
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » December 4th, 2006, 11:59 pm

ell, you are now a senior dxer with all these new stations you are getting.
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

550 Strikes Again

Postby Kaing of Kaings » December 7th, 2006, 10:10 pm

While trying to confirm 550 KRAI from Craig Colorado tonight (im pretty sure I got it) I got some spanish station. It was kind of weird because it was playing a combination of Spanish, French and German. It turns out to be 550 XEPL from Ciludad Cuauhtémoc, Chihuahua, Mexico. I heard them clearly ID at the half hour and it was coming in pretty clear. Hea.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Ell, Another Colorado Station and a New AZ station

Postby Kaing of Kaings » December 8th, 2006, 7:17 pm

Ell, I got the second unexpected Colorado station this week. As I was driving home from Christmas shopping, I tuned to 940 and hear a religious station that is KGMS. I got home and tuned my Grundigity radio to what I thought was KGMS but it turned out to be 930 KRKY from Granby, Co, Country. I clearly heard them have a comercial for Granby and then they clearly IDed. I couldn't believe this because 930 KAFF is on the same frequency. It is a good thing that KAFF is extremely directional and when I turn my radio away from the tower the station goes away. So KRKY is 100% Confirmed.

Then I tuned the radio to 940 and turned the radio south so I wouldn't hear the KAFF bleed. I heard the religous station and they talked about a local business in Tucson. I heard them talking about the Good Message Network which is what KGMS is. Then I 100% confirmed it over the internet by listening to it on the net and on the radio at the same time. Sure enought, it is 940 KGMS, Tucson, AZ Religious. I have been hearing this for a long time and have thought that this is what it is.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » December 9th, 2006, 12:35 pm

Egads man, you are becoming a DX legend. I totalled up the #s yesterday for N. CA and I have 157 or something like that. Most of my gaps are right next to powerful local stations so that kind of sucks.
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Ell another CO Station

Postby Kaing of Kaings » December 9th, 2006, 10:59 pm

Egads is right. I was driving to work today (had to put in some time to get shit done) and tuned to 1530. I heard this fairly clear station coming in (this is around noon mind you) and they had a commercial for Colorado Springs. As I was pulling into my work at the top of the hour, they IDed clearly and it was non other than 1530 KCMN from Colorado Springs, Nostalgia. It was coming in fairly clear but it's also a 15Kw station. hea.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby TheStuboy » December 10th, 2006, 3:55 am

God ur stu, if I wasn't any stuer, I'd call you stu. Your page is updated etc. Enough already!
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Radio room