The Power of Lists brings SLCDX 7 new stations

Got anything at all to say about either radio towers or scanner frequencies, or anything related to radio in general, here's where you go.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

The Power of Lists brings SLCDX 7 new stations

Postby TheStuboy » December 2nd, 2006, 4:24 am

Since I don't have time to display the RL map images, I'll simply list my new stations here:

KSRO 1350 Santa Rosa, CA, Was playing C2C. I recorded an ID that should be on the site by the time this is read.

KOIT 1260 SF, CA was playing holiday music, particularly Elvis Presly. I used their website's song list to confirm this one.

KWKW 1330 Los Angeles - Relatively clear, commercial for LA area in gringo

KTDD 1350 San Bernadino, CA - Only country station on 1350 that I could possibly hear, very directional signal, KSRO was beating this one, however, it would often over power KSRO, but quickly go out.

KNUS 710 - Advertising Castle Rock, Colorado business. This is on my list of things I should be able to get. It is on my list of: Should have already

KKFN 950 - Fox Sports annoying commercial playing as I was driving back from getting fuel. KMTX from montana was competeing with this one for a few minutes.

and finally, the mysterious gringo thats bothered me forever

XEG 1050. This station brodacasts a non directional 150kw signal from Monterrey NL, MX. Really powerful tonight, maybe the snow had something to do with it.

All of these stations were received between 12:30 and 1:30 AM. I had nothing better to do so I decided to take a drive and DX. It seems California stations are coming in really good tonight.

The Fresno Radio Disney was blasting 1680 like crazy.

I deffinitely recommend making gap lists, and using fellow dxer's finds to increase your station count, it sure helped tonight.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » December 4th, 2006, 6:39 pm

Ell, thats quite an impressive list for 1 hour of dxing. KSRO is a pretty powerful station, Santa Rosa is about 40 miles away from me, but I hear this station clear day or night. I heard KOIT in MT so not to suprised by that, they usually play adult contemporary type music. Wuss has heard KTDD but that one is still a little suprising to me that you could hear it. It IDS frequently and is easy to tell.
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Postby TheStuboy » December 4th, 2006, 6:42 pm

If you look up country on the frequency KTDD is on on RL its really the only possibility. Also, judging that I picked up several from CA that night, anything is possible. It was fairly clear at times, but had a very directional signal.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » December 4th, 2006, 6:49 pm

I know we heard KTDD in Flagstaff because I was there when we got it, thats the only thing that makes me think its possible. However, there were many times in PS where I could barely hear KTDD at all. And I was only 40 miles away.
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Return to Radio room