Flagstaff Picks up an Island in the Pacific!!!

Got anything at all to say about either radio towers or scanner frequencies, or anything related to radio in general, here's where you go.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Flagstaff Picks up an Island in the Pacific!!!

Postby Kaing of Kaings » December 2nd, 2006, 7:19 pm

Yea, I know you were all excited thinking I got Hawaii or Guam. But I just got 740 KBRT from Avalon, Ca, Religious. I tuned into 740 around 5:00 and heard a religous station I figured it was KBRT and sure enought, they IDed and it was it. KCBS was seriously competing with it.

Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby TheStuboy » December 3rd, 2006, 4:04 am

All I have on 740 is an unknown gringo that is very weak. Neither KCBS or KBEAT come in clear at all.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » December 4th, 2006, 6:48 pm

Dusk is about the only time of the day you will hear KBRT competeing with KCBS. KBRT goes off the air at 7:30-8 and KCBS is extremely powerful once it gets dark out. I could prob hear KBRT if I werent 10 miles from KCBS. I think Hawaii is a dream us DXers will never actually realize. Most stations on the islands are 10kW therefore they dont travel far enough.

Ell, Im going to Mexico in two weeks and I might bring a radio and try to dx back to the United States. I wonder what US stations I can hear when Im down in Acapulco-Puerto Vallerta.
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Return to Radio room