Colorado DX Tripple Play Monday

Got anything at all to say about either radio towers or scanner frequencies, or anything related to radio in general, here's where you go.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Colorado DX Tripple Play Monday

Postby Kaing of Kaings » November 27th, 2006, 8:07 pm

Wow, my Colorado DX list has paid off good so far. Starting this morning on my way to work (today was an ADOT Inspection day so I got to drive all day), I tuned in to 580 and picked up 580 KUBC, Montrose, CO, Country. I clearly heard them ID and they were playing some hicks in the country music.

Next up, I was driving toward Needles Just outside of Flag when I picked up 1650, KBJD, Denver, Co, Progressive Talk. 1650 KBXZ from Flagstaff has real low power and can only be heard on the west side of town. On the way back I tuned in to 1650 Again and heard it up to the City Limits. They were saying You're listening to KNUS2.

On the way back home, I tuned it to 740 to hear what I thought I heard yesterday but couldn't confirm. I thought I heard 740 KVOR, Colorado Springs, CO but couldn't 100% confirm it. Today, just as I was about to get to my appartments, they IDed and I heard it clearly. I got KVOR today to making my total DX at 207 and passing Green River's DX count. I'm sure GR can pick up some more stations as well. Anyway, Here it is. Hea.

Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » November 28th, 2006, 12:59 pm

Ell, thats quite an impressive list. Its harder to dx living on the coast since half the area you would be able to hear stations from is ocean. Ell, I havent dxed much lately. Wednesday night I may get a chance.
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Postby TheStuboy » November 29th, 2006, 1:45 am

The site and such are up to date. Check out what I did with the totals on the main dx page.

I've taken stu's advice and created a gap list along with possiblity lists from CO, CA, AZ, WA and OR. These are stations I got from GR that I should be able to get here.

I have about 20 some odd frequencies that I have no stations on, so chances are, I could push at least 160 if I really dx hard one of these nights.

Now I just have to find time to dx.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

KJOL Pure GAY JOL

Postby Kaing of Kaings » November 29th, 2006, 9:52 pm

Ell, another Colorado station for today. This time I got 620 KJOL, Grand Junction, CO, Religious. KTAR from Phoenix was in the back ground and KJOL was coming in fairly strong. They were playing some stupid dumb ass obnoxious Christmas music. Don't get me wrong I love Christmas music, but this was pure shit as far as i'm concerned. Anyway, they IDed clearly and I heard them say Grand Junction.

Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Radio room