SLCDX Pushing 140

Got anything at all to say about either radio towers or scanner frequencies, or anything related to radio in general, here's where you go.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

SLCDX Pushing 140

Postby TheStuboy » November 9th, 2006, 1:11 am

Two new stations were received in the past two days, the first being

KNMX 540 from Las Vegas, NM (Wuss you should try this one, its gringo).
I knew it wasn't the Tijuana 540 since it IDed clearly in English and kept talking about how it was the station of the year in NM over and over again.
I am almost positive I heard this station while on day power, and have received it from Laramie and GR.

The second station was received this evening while on my way to a performance of Pride and Prejudiceeeee at the Pioneer Memorial Theater (for my class unfortunately, it blew) but it was coming in faintly right around sunset and was broadcasting some hail jesus programing. It is KFIA 710 "The Light" from Carmichael, California.

Again, I am catching these still on daytime power. Unless I live in an apartment soon, I don't think I'll ever break 200 like wuss did yesterday.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » November 9th, 2006, 12:23 pm

540 Tijuana XEBACH is oldies, not Mexican, so that rules that out. It is the SD/TJ translator for KKGO formerly KSUR 1260 out of Beverly Hills, CA.

That 710 hess station is easily heard here, very obnoxious station as are most religious stations.
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Return to Radio room