The Prestige - (The Prestuge)

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

The Prestige - (The Prestuge)

Postby Kaing of Kaings » October 22nd, 2006, 8:10 pm

Magicians make magic. They fool you buy drawing you in, making their weiner dissapear and then reappear again. Some magicians like David Copperfield and David Blaine can actually defy gravity and fly. Seriously, I saw David Copperfield fly outside on TV once. There is also Lance Burton who makes farts disappear and appear on stage. And then there is The Prestige.

The Prestige is written and directed by Christopher Nolan. His brother helped write the script which is what I would like to help my brother do when he makes movies. The movie stars Christian Bale and Hugh Jackman as battling magicians who keep on trying to out do each other and sometimes hurt each other. The rivalry starts early in the film and doesn't end till the last scene. In the middle, is the busty Scarlett Johansson who has more cleavage than a 24 carrot diamond. She PT's both magicians who can't resist her bountiful boosum.

The story revolves around each magician taking their art to the extreme. It get's so extreme that Hugh Jackman goes to Colorado Springs to learn from Tesla how to play the song, "What a Shame". He then travels to Green River with Tesla and performs magic along side Tesla's rock concert at the Straton Meyer concert stage. A certain Stuboy gets sucked up on stage and transported to a flagical world of Giant Mantha's and Butts.

Actually, Hugh goes to Nikola Tesla's (Played skilfully by David Bowie) house in Colorado Springs, Co, (He actually did live there for a while) to find out how Christian Bale does his most famous magic trick. Andy Serkis (Gollum/King Kong) is Telsa's assistant and helps Tesla with his new Mantha torture chamber machine. Seriously, Tesla has built a machine that tortures cats. He put a black Mantha in the machine and it gets real pissed off and starts hissing. When Hugh leaves Tesla's mountain home, there are a bunch of Mantha's fighting outside.

Ok, back to the movie. The movie was mostly entertaining but it did get slow at times. Most of the performances were good but not Oscar worthy. David Bowie played a good Tesla and Bale is always good. Hugh was good too although Scarlett's chesty performance stole the show. Michael Caine did a good job too and almost busted out into his Ebeneezer Scrooge role in Muppet's Christmas Carol. I kept expecting him to sing, "It's in the singing of a street corner choir, it's going home and getting naked by the fire. In all the ways that you find butt, it smells like Christmas..."

Overall, I give the movie 2.95 stars out of 4. It wasn't a perfect movie but it wasn't a bad one either. I recommend it to anyone interested in Magic, Tesla, Mantha Beating, Gollum, American Pycho and Scarlett Johansson.....mmmm Scarlett Johansson..aaahhh.

Hugh: "So Scarlett....I heard you were just voted the sexiest woman alive by CNN, Maxim, Rolling Stone, Vanity Fair and the Ubstudios forum."

Scarlett: "Yea, but I don't get all high and mighty about it."

Hugh: "I have this new magic trick that magically takes your clothes off and they don't reappear. Do you want to see it? Oates...."

One of Nikola Tesla's most powerful and unknown invention was a machine that allowed humans to shoot bolts of lightning from their ass when ever they farted. Sadly, the invention never quite got the Prestige it should have.
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews