It has been a while, but it is dx season

Got anything at all to say about either radio towers or scanner frequencies, or anything related to radio in general, here's where you go.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

It has been a while, but it is dx season

Postby leeroy_t » October 21st, 2006, 12:21 am

1 new station tonight.

630 KFXD Boise, ID 5/5kW Classic Country

I was hearing a Country station behind KPTT Reno which was playing a high school football game. It was too hard to hear the people talk on the new station, but I was able to make out the song Rhinestone Cowboy. I happened to go to KFXDs website to find any way I could 100% confirm this and sure enough they have a playlist of their last ten songs, how handy. And of course right at the top was Rhinestone Cowboy. So there it is, KFXD, 3rd ID station confirmed from N. CA. Stu, if you dont have this station, you can use this easy method to confirm it.

Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Postby TheStuboy » October 21st, 2006, 12:53 pm

The only problem I have receiving that station is KTKK 630 from Sandy, UT which is 1/.5. Technically, I could go over to Tooele during the evening and probably have a better chance of hearing either the Reno one or KFXD, but I'm not sure if its worth it or not. I wish all of the local stations signed off at night, especially 1120 KANN, then I'd be able to hear Portland.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » October 22nd, 2006, 1:08 am

ell, you mean Eugene KPNW on 1120. Thats the one problem with living in a larger metropolitan area, more frequencies are blocked out by the more powerful local signals. In LA I really had that problem, but when I moved to PS that problem was basically eliminated and thats why I was able to add so many stations after I moved.
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Postby TheStuboy » October 22nd, 2006, 2:17 am

Yeah, I'd likely hear portland if KANN(G) wasn't on air, it pisses me off that stations like that can over power the other ones.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby TheStuboy » October 23rd, 2006, 1:59 am

ELL I confirmed this very station the same way you did this evening. I was surprised to hear the Sandy station highly directional which is rare, so I got nothing but country in the background and using your method, found it was KFXD Boise.

KFXD is my 7th Idaho station received from SLC, right in my dorm parking lot !
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » October 23rd, 2006, 9:17 pm

Cool, I knew you could get it if you could get around the local station signal. Its nice when stations put a playlist on the web.

I went to pick up Carolyn from the BART station this evening and I picked up a new HAR. 530 am WNSA852 City of Oakland Emergency Broadcast Station.
I dont think this has been on the air lately, cause I would have heard it before.
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Return to Radio room