First DX of October produces "Day of DX" Results

Got anything at all to say about either radio towers or scanner frequencies, or anything related to radio in general, here's where you go.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

First DX of October produces "Day of DX" Results

Postby Kaing of Kaings » October 3rd, 2006, 8:32 pm

Ell, DX season started off with a bang today. The DX gods were smiling down on me and I was smiling back saying, Jesus I am with you, Touch me, Touch me Jesus. Jesus I am on your side, Kiss me, kiss me Jesus......

Anyway, today was an ADOT water run so I had to drive from here to Needles and a couple of stops on the way back. I woke up early and hit the road at 6 AM and the first station I heard was 560 KSF0, from San Francisco, CA, News/Talk. It was coming in fairly clear.

Next, I got a mexican station I have been trying to confirm for a while and it was the clearest Mexican ID I have ever heard. The station was 1460, XECB, San Luis Río Colorado, Sonora, Mexico, Radio Ranchito. I bet Leeroy or Stuboy may be able to pick this station up when the sun is setting or rising.

On the way home, I tuned my radio to 980 trying to get KNTR but instead I heard country. Then I heard them ID and it wasn't clear but I caught a couple letters. When I got home, I tuned my Grundig to 980 and pointed it east and sure enought, I got 980 KMIN, Grants, NM, Country. I am surpised Grants, NM even has a radio station since I was just there a month ago and the town is nearly a ghost town. Anyway, DX season has officially began and im sure the other Ubstudios DXers can get some new stations too.

Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » October 3rd, 2006, 9:43 pm

Ell, thats cool you got KSFO, thats the station I listen to AH on every night before I go to bed. I might try to dx later to see what I can get. We are expecting our first rain of the season tomorrow and tomorrow night, ell, the seasons are definetly changing!
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Another CA Station today

Postby Kaing of Kaings » October 4th, 2006, 2:59 pm

This morning, on the way to work, I got 1140 KHTK from Sacramento, CA, Sports. It was coming in relatively clear but when they IDed it suddenly jumped up and I could hear it pretty clear. Hea.

Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » October 4th, 2006, 9:26 pm

hea hea hea[/img]
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Return to Radio room